Cycling Plus Magazine. Any other recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normgow

Guru
Many thanks for that normgow.

Can't help musing that some readers objected to the "and mopeds" bit. And that cycling then maybe lost a few potential fans to the Vespa.

(Used to have a couple of vespas by the way - i do dimly remember a scathing response to an old acquaintance who dared to call it a moped .:smile: . )

And thanks to you Blue Hills, I have met people who did stop their subscriptions when "Mopeds was added to the title. Mopeds were dropped in the early sixties when Alan Gayfer took over as editor. The part I liked about the mopeds were the exploded illustrations of clutches, gearboxes, engines etc. of NSU Quicklys, Motobecanes, Garellis and all those other long lost names of another era.
Oh dear, this sounds like nostalgia gone mad so must stop now. Does CW include E-bikes nowadays? Will the title be changed once again?

Mr Celine

Discordian
I find Cycling Plus magazine has superb lateral stiffness while offering class leading vertical compliance.

postman

Legendary Member
I have been cycling weakly for about two years,and in the Doctors's Surgery this morning,the battered cycling magazine said,It was hoped the TdF would begin in Leeds.Mind you it was a 2013 copy.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
You may find that you can read a lot of these magazines digitally via your local library subscription for free. For example Warwickshire offers these titles https://www.rbdigital.com/warwickshire/service/magazines/landing
Coventry offer even more https://www.rbdigital.com/coventry/service/magazines/landing?q=//&p_num=4

Search your local library website.
Just checked this out for myself. Unfortunately, in my area, they only have Cycling Weekly (a 2015 edition) and Cycling Plus (2014). Nothing current. However, I’m sure my wife will like the baking magazines so still worth doing.

Elysian_Roads

Just checked this out for myself. Unfortunately, in my area, they only have Cycling Weekly (a 2015 edition) and Cycling Plus (2014). Nothing current. However, I’m sure my wife will like the baking magazines so still worth doing.
Same with my local library's internet magazine choices. A fair number of up to date magazines on a range of subjects. However, the cycling option is Cycle Sport magazine which appears to have expired in 2016....

Top Bottom