cycling road shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simo105

Looking for some new shoes for fathers day and im struggling with which ones! I have a budget of 120. I use the plastic type spd sl. Looking for comfort mainly! Which brands are your favourites? Ive tried mavic and they crush my toes at the sides! And ive tried pearl izumi they fit nice! But still undecided

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Shimano are generally quite wide fitting and comfy.

But they have to be white...like the pros

vickster

Legendary Member
Ones that fit, no one can really decide for you. Sidi Mega are well regarded, pricey but you might find a deal. Gaerne also do a wide fitting one, they come up really small though so size up

Pearl Izumi an excellent brand, so if they feel good and fit your budget, job's a good un

The plasticky shiny ones feel really cheap to me, dhb r02 felt more like leather, quite wide too

Get to some shops

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I visited four bike shops yesterday to buy some shoes. I came away from all of them empty handed. One shop sold only Bontrager. I boycott the Trek brand because of their behaviour towards Lemond. The next shop only sold Specialized an I'm not keen on them either.

The other two shops didn't have anything in my size. I have had Shimano in the past and they looked quite good. They had this weird mesh type drainage thing going on in the front of the sole which would probably be a bit cold in winter.

Sidi prices seemed to start where most other ranges topped out!

Giro might be worth look a look.

OP
OP
simo105

simo105

Uk 10 so i think its euro 44

SWSteve

Guru
My road shoes are a completely different size to the MTB shoes I have for the CX. I think there might be more than one size between them...

Road shoes are Shimano, MTB shoes Northwave. Both are super comfy, I would recommend going to a shop, seeing what ones you like and trying them on. If I bought the Shimano ones online, I would never have tried the size I now wear and wouldn't be as comfortable on the bike as I am...

Top Bottom