cycling shorts - embarrassing question only to be asked at online forum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Given that there's a ''tent pole'' effect (not always a good look either!) that lifts the shorts slightly away from your pubic porcupines, you wouldn't have to shave, you should be able to get away with a little bit of scissor trimming. Best done while sober to avoid embarrassing explanations at A&E....

yello

I'm baffled. I've never known such a thing. I can only assume the pad in the bibs is short or your pubic hair grows higher up towards your stomach than other peoples. I have leg hair that'll find it's way through my leg warmers (particularly around the knees) but never pubic hair.... that I've noticed anyway. You've got me concerned now! :laugh:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have seen this (on others) (no names etc), and it's sufficiently disturbing to make one check one's own shorts from time to time. I think the answer is good quality shorts.

yello

I have seen this (on others) (no names etc), and it's sufficiently disturbing to make one check one's own shorts from time to time. I think the answer is good quality shorts.

I'm much to polite to look I guess. :blush:

Strike my earlier comments - good quality shorts it is.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
CS7 can be a bit of an eye-opener. You see shorts that are nigh on transparent, non-cycling shorts that are nowhere near high enough at the back and cycling shorts in white or red that are just that bit too anatomical. I suppose it's democratic, and I try not to be a shorts fascist, but........

PpPete

Legendary Member
CS7 you say?
Now we know where richp will be hanging out the next few days...

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
so it's not just me then - this post makes me feel normal again.
I have some £100 bibs, and numerous other shorts including Altura pro gels which seem popular with other club riders. I must have dodgy pubes then!!! I'll check Wiggle for pube coloured shorts.

lejogger

Guru
Totally empathise with you on this. It's a problem I've certainly had with both cheap and expensive-ish shorts, but it makes sense that the better/denser quality the short the less likely it is to happen.

Maybe some of us have coarser hairs than others? It's not just the ahem pubic region either, my thigh/knee area hairs have often made a dart for sunlight when wearing longs in colder weather.

The problem with trimming is that you have to go quite short. If you leave it mid length and bristley there's even more chance of it bursting through.

It's a bit of a mission but I just strim everything down now with a Phillips body groom at the lowest setting you can get without taking the guard off. Usually only required once a month and actually for someone like me who's a bit on the hairier side it looks a heck of a lot better both in shorts and out

Top Bottom