cycling shorts - embarrassing question only to be asked at online forum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
While we're on the subject of sensitive areas, is there anything that can be done when the fabric that covers the anatomic foam in ones shorts wears out? Yesterday, after sixty miles in the saddle I felt like my, um, rusty sheriff's badge had been sanded down. My god I'm glad we have nappy cream in the house :cry:

RAYMOND

Well if your on the bike no one is going to notice , i mean who can see that closely when your cycling at speed.
You could always put a piece of cloth down there,having 2 benifits lol
Don't roll it up though :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I think the problem is 'fine' rather than coarse!

LH036-Molton-Brown-Indian-Mulberry-Volumising-Conditioner-for-fine-hair-L.jpg

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
tweed shorts would, of course, solve the problem.
e84f6f4aeda4ba17897b066906fa69c1.jpg

I confess I have a pair of threequarters which look a lot like this..

Ptarmigan_Tweed_Plus_2_s_Darcy_Tweed.jpg

and, if a pube had the termerity to see the light of day, the mottled pattern would act as camouflage

Licramite

Über Member
Hi
being ex para the expression going commando to me means two blokes and one ems touching his toes.
but having said that I have no problem being bare arsed , on long tabs skiddys were the first go.
which is fine if your wearing loose clothing, nothing gets wiped against nothing , but if your wearing lycra ?

I wear black y fronts under mine, it will solve the problem of hairs and helps your road holding by stopping those embarrising skids on long journeys.

its got nothing to do with modesty (how can you have any modesty left after doing the dance of the flaming peanuts) its just I want keep the pink padding pink and on rides over several days were you can,t was your kit out, - well it just means no one objects to you being at the head of the pack.

Chris-H

Über Member
I could always ask the mrs where she gets her kecks from,chest high and secure as hell,nothing gets in and nothing gets out :eek:

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
new Assos Uno shorts just arrived - original problem solved - bank balance now in trouble!

Made use of the PrimeraSports 20% off weekend - still spent £90 though - but OMG what quality! Not sure I'll ever be able to go back to roughin-it with Altura's again!

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
What is the sizing like on the assos shorts ?
for such expensive products the Assos size guide is really poor. It is mainly based on overall height and I found the shorts to come out a bit on the small side, but they are primarily made for skinny racing types. I ended up with one size larger than I would take in Altura shorts; so pretty much like Santini and other Italian brand sizing.
Assos shorts are definitely not made for short fat people! The max waist size made is 38" but that comes with a lot of length so you'll need to be well over 6' tall too.

Top Bottom