cycling time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
When do you find time for cycling? I find it difficult to go for rides more than twice a week as my wife always finds things for me to do or work commitments.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Apart from my commute. I usually cycle one full day at the weekend sometimes twice if a FNRttC is involved.
I'm lucky as I only work a 4 day week as I look after jnr on a friday. In fact we are off out in a bit in his bike trailer to visit friends
So I have a nice cycle ride/family life balance.

Mrs Ian is fantastic though and wouldn't ever moan that I am cycling too much. She knows how much cycling means to me and she loves me being very fit and active (well I have to be to keep up with jnr).

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i could cycle everyday if i want - my commute is a 30 mile round trip - so it helps with fitness, flab fighting and can vary the ride home to get in 30+ miles

i try to do this at least twice a week and a saturday morning 30+ mile ride too

400bhp

Guru
Commute takes up around 6 hours a week.

I usually go out once at the weekend - between 50 & 100 miles. Generally I will leave at 7 ish on a saturday which means I am back for lunch. Then have the rest of the day to spend with the family.

calibanzwei

I only work 3 miles from home - I am not a morning person, but I guess I could get a ride in then. Most of mine are done in the afternoon afterwards or on weekends.

RaRa

I'll admit it's a struggle to find time but i've changed my day around and become an early morning person to make sure I can still get a ride in before everything kicks off.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Unless i commute, 10 miles each way i would not get time to get much cycling in as i am in a similar boat what with wife and 2 young kids to keep me on my toes and off the bike .
2 times a month i usually get out with the local club for a sunday morning ride.

LinkoVitch

Regular
I have started the 10 mile (uphill!) commute to work and bake each day, I have been known to do an hour or two after work. Weekends I either get out for a couple of hours solo, or depending on the good ladies training schedule on the tandem with her.

Having the good weather certainly helps with the commute to work, which is only then further increased when roads become packed with traffic for you to overtake in as smug a fashion as humanly possible :biggrin:

Sara_H

Guru
I work three twelve hour shifts a week, which is a nine mile round trip.

I do most of my "pottering" ie shopping, errands, taking son to his clubs etc by bike.

I don't really get much time for leisure riding.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
mostly its my back and two to work, fortunately i do get to follow calibanzwei out a couple of times a month and we do some mileage. not nearly as much as i'd like tho.
i need to teach the wife to cook methinks! :biggrin:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have different routes of 4-14 miles to work and back, so depending upon how fast I need to get to work, or home, I can ride for up to 50 mins either way.

Going out early on a Saturday morning, so I am home by ten, does not interfere with family time too much either. And a ride out after 8pm is on the cards too...

BSRU

A Human Being
No chance of any riding apart from commuting but a nice extended route there and back, so 12km a day turns into 40 to 60km a day depending on how I am feeling.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
other than my commute i like to get out on a Sunday morning nice and early.....quiet roads make all the difference and you can get some miles in in quick time. Then i'm usually back before the rest of the family are up ;)

Top Bottom