cycling time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
mainly the commute here, but if i do get a day off in the week i will get out early , like i did yesterday. did a 25 miler and then felt great all day.

my secret is to get the kids to want to go out on the bikes- not hard with youngest just getting the pedals back on . I have a lot to do athome but sometimes housework etc can wait

Like others here a 25 mile round trip commute plus various journeys during the day is where I do most of my cycling. Takes me 20 mins each way longer than driving and I have a variety of route options and variants to keep it interesting. Other than that I usually grab an hour or two at the weekend

Willo

I find it very difficult to find time for a decent cycle. Last couple of summers I got up at 6 and took the scenic route to the station but even then would only have time for 10 miles or so. Weekends are busy with family stuff but now it is light nice and early that's the key for me - as others have said, get out of bed when the family are still asleep and out on the bike (with the roads nice and quiet too). Left at 7 this morning and managed 52 miles and back in time to spend the rest of the day on the computer with the family and do a few chores. It's the reason I cycle alone - I keep looking at local clubs but they go out too late for me, taking up most of the day.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I can only really do the commute and bigger weekend events

I just make sure I get an extended commute in every day when it's like this

HovR

Über Member
I only work 3 miles from home - I am not a morning person, but I guess I could get a ride in then. Most of mine are done in the afternoon afterwards or on weekends.

I'm not a morning person either, but I find that commuting by bike rather than taking other means of transport allows me to leave later (and hence sleep in longer), and is also a great way of waking you up for the day.

Try it!

Top Bottom