Cycling Workouts: Discussion/Encouragement/Sharing/Banter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Thanks for your help and advice. I think I was being a bit rigid about sticking to a range of power rather than listening to my body. Was also intrigued that power for given HR had changed with no increase in FTP as discussed with HLAB

FTP just describes one small spot on the power curve for you, and does not in itself describe your power curve. Two riders with the same FTP range may have vastly different 4 or 5 hour power ranges etc. Thus you can quite easily increase your endurance power whilst shorter period power such that covered by FTP remain static.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Low cadence big gear work today. Legs still feeling it after weekend’s event. Just a couple of shorter intervals today as recovery week.

It was actually last night but I forgot to post. The plan I am following has a taper week before my 'A' race at the weekend, although it didn't feel tapered enough but that was probably the early start to a long day.
Screenshot_20230531-165129_Chrome.jpg

It's a bit more tapered tonight an Endurance level workout. I was going to take that out doors but having popped out at lunchtime to a lbs to collect a wheel I dont feel inspired to. After 15mins into that north east wind (despite wearing a winter Jersey and full fingers) with my poor circulation (chemo damage) when I got back to the warmth it was like I had chillblanes 🥶

I had a 4 x 5 on, 5 off threshold workout tonight but in all honesty I never had the motivation to push in the yet again cold and gloomy weather. It was more of a recce instead. Hopefully, the forecast is right and the sun comes out for my TT and the closed roads gives me the confidence to throw the bike round corners.

Bill, its feic’in June now!

98ec65ce667fe506c66756339430c2b0338b695f.jpg

1685650650012.png

fe3e6c5a8dd02b88ca7f2eb8909f9cbf7ef4b5b1.jpg

DQ5EH7NeXJ_lDcWdEInZ74IFYPUrXY8CzXWkGk4Y-1536x2048.jpg

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I had a 4 x 5 on, 5 off threshold workout tonight but in all honesty I never had the motivation to push in the yet again cold and gloomy weather. It was more of a recce instead. Hopefully, the forecast is right and the sun comes out for my TT and the closed roads gives me the confidence to throw the bike round corners.

View attachment 692524

Bill, its feic’in June now!

View attachment 692525

View attachment 692523

View attachment 692526

View attachment 692527

Is that the ToC Time Trial?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Good combo :smile:

He he, had a rib eye steak with chunky chips for my mix of protein and carbs.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
I did a short Zwift race yesterday just to keep the shrpness going after 3 days off the bike. Coach says another day off today. I will certainly be fresh for the ToC on Sunday.

Top Bottom