Cycliq Fly Cameras Help Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
There is a scary procedure wherein you desolder the old battery and replace it and everything is good to go again.

But the connectors are soldered directly to the battery, and that's a bit spicy for me.

Is there anyone offering that as a service? Because mine was a similar age before it gave up the ghost.

Edit: scrub this, I was referring to a fly6

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Original Fly 12 - suddenly developed a problem - whilst cycling I get the red flashing light meaning (I think) that my device is out of charge - fully charged it this morning same thing happened - checked the battery status in the app - showing 100% - master reset still the same ?

Its a few years old - so is due replacement - but the FLY12CE is no where near as good - flimsy bracket being the biggest reason not to buy ?

any ideas @glasgowcyclist ?

According to the user manual, a steady flash of the red light indicates the device is recording but has 1/4 power or less. You say you confirmed that charge state via the app, when you switch the camera on how many beeps does it emit?

I always mounted my Fly12 upside down under the bars so I never saw the lights and relied on the associated audible warning instead. Are you getting any beeps before the light flashes?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
According to the user manual, a steady flash of the red light indicates the device is recording but has 1/4 power or less. You say you confirmed that charge state via the app, when you switch the camera on how many beeps does it emit?

I always mounted my Fly12 upside down under the bars so I never saw the lights and relied on the associated audible warning instead. Are you getting any beeps before the light flashes?

Yes the double beep - which usually means the device is about to power off

glasgowcyclist

I would charge it fully, check that the camera emits four beeps in confirmation, and leave it running to see how long it takes to discharge. The recorded footage will show you how long that is. If you're getting normal battery life out of it (allowing for age and temperature) I'd just keep using it.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I would charge it fully, check that the camera emits four beeps in confirmation, and leave it running to see how long it takes to discharge. The recorded footage will show you how long that is. If you're getting normal battery life out of it (allowing for age and temperature) I'd just keep using it.

Well I haven't charged it because I am at work. But when I switch it on I get 4 beeps and green light - but then very quickly it goes the red light.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

The double beep is half charge, but according to Cycliq the indicator should be orange not red. (I only go off the beeps as mine is also mounted under the bars).

Edit. If it is discharging quickly, it sounds like the batteries are on the way out.

glasgowcyclist

Well I haven't charged it because I am at work. But when I switch it on I get 4 beeps and green light - but then very quickly it goes the red light.

I think you need to ignore the lights & beeps and do a real test of duration. Only that'll tell you the true state of the battery.

Scaleyback

Veteran
‘kingrollo’ I mount my Fly12 on this K-Edge bracket.
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.K-Edge-Pro...-20-25-520-820-and-GoPro-Interface_110762.htm
The top mount accepts 1/4 turn Garmin mounts which I use with my Edge 130. My Fly12 is mounted underneath via the Cycliq 1/4 turn mount attached via the Gopro type mount. If I remember correctly the cycliq 1/4 turn/Gopro adaptor is included with the fly12. The K-Edge mount is pricey but it is machined aluminum and is not going to break. Why trust your expensive fly12 to a cheap plastic mount ?

Slick

Guru
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.K-Edge-Pro...-20-25-520-820-and-GoPro-Interface_110762.htm
The top mount accepts 1/4 turn Garmin mounts which I use with my Edge 130. My Fly12 is mounted underneath via the Cycliq 1/4 turn mount attached via the Gopro type mount. If I remember correctly the cycliq 1/4 turn/Gopro adaptor is included with the fly12. The K-Edge mount is pricey but it is machined aluminum and is not going to break. Why trust your expensive fly12 to a cheap plastic mount ?
60 quid :eek::eek:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru

Is that the Fly12CE ?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I couldn't get the fly CE to do anything much. Went back to the fly 12.
Bear in mind the fly camera range is a safety camera - if you looking at making movies it probably isn't the best tool for the job.

IMO - you best bet would be some movie editing software and overlay the wind with some music.

Top Bottom