Cycliq Fly Cameras Help Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5342441, member: 9609"]sorry to butt into the thread with a differant make (its a dash cam out of my van that I have been having an experiment with on the bike)[/QUOTE]
Quick Q, how are you powering the dash cam?

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
[QUOTE 5347844, member: 9609"]one of those power packs for recharging phones, 10,000mAh gives a whooping 14 hours runtime
its small enough to slip into a spec case.
I'm not after a perminent camera so this was a good workaround and cost me nothing (camera out of van, powerpack is wifes)

works wonderfully, if it was waterproof I would leave it on.
View attachment 424272 [/QUOTE]

Good god man - have you no shame ? - that bar set up needs a few hundred £££ spent on it pretty pronto !

have a look here !

https://bicyclebuysell.com/user/item/444559/pinarello-most-italon-cockpit-handlebar-mount-original

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Does anybody else actually use a fly 12 CE ?

I was given one a warranty replacement for my fly12 which died. At first I was delighted , but perhaps now I see why they 'gave it away' - I just can't imagine anybody paying the £250 asking price for this. Even on the occasions it works the footage is so dark - and that is even from cycling in the bright sunshine we have had recently . I would disappointed @ £25 - let along £250 truly a woeful product.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Does anybody else actually use a fly 12 CE ?

I was given one a warranty replacement for my fly12 which died. At first I was delighted , but perhaps now I see why they 'gave it away' - I just can't imagine anybody paying the £250 asking price for this. Even on the occasions it works the footage is so dark - and that is even from cycling in the bright sunshine we have had recently . I would disappointed @ £25 - let along £250 truly a woeful product.

I have the older version, but have you had a look at DC Rainmaker's site https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq- ?fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html ? A cursory glance suggests he managed to get some decent images, so if you can reproduce his settings?

The other thing which immediately springs to mind is whether the software is up to date.

Fly12 CE Arrived - am I being totally thick - or have I been sent a lemon ? - the bracket doesn't seem to click into place which is a worry - also the bracket does align so it wouldn't be possible to fit the camera so it points straight forward - well certainly not with the go pro style mount View attachment 422795 View attachment 422796

Hi Kingrollo,
Your mount is just fine. I have contacted support on your behalf who have assured me that the model when first taking it out of the box is very stiff. You must mount the universal adapter first and then mount the unit. The link below shows you how to do this.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_hN_tLw8p0&list=PLg37NGpM_zphxFKfSCan2ISN6nbUJ0BuZ&index=15

If you do have any further questions then please do not hesitate to reach out to us at cycliq.com/support.

Claire - Cycliq

Bazzer

Have any of the longer term users of a Fly 12 had problems with the unit in cold weather?
In the last three commutes in the colder weather, I have lost the first hour or so of the commute, (which starts at 5.20 am). The unit has switched off perfectly normally when I have arrived at work, so I have not been alerted to the problem until I have come to check footage in the evening. - Incidents everyday meant I took the card out each evening to review footage on my laptop.
Also this evening I have found the unit has either deleted or overwritten footage from Monday's and Tuesday's rides, whilst leaving footage fro earlier rides still on the card.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Have any of the longer term users of a Fly 12 had problems with the unit in cold weather?
In the last three commutes in the colder weather, I have lost the first hour or so of the commute, (which starts at 5.20 am). The unit has switched off perfectly normally when I have arrived at work, so I have not been alerted to the problem until I have come to check footage in the evening. - Incidents everyday meant I took the card out each evening to review footage on my laptop.
Also this evening I have found the unit has either deleted or overwritten footage from Monday's and Tuesday's rides, whilst leaving footage fro earlier rides still on the card.

I haven't experienced any cold weather problems with it.

I have had the last scenario you describe and that was because on an earlier ride I had somehow triggered the lock feature (the one that causes the unit to record for an hour after an accident before shutting down, usually from it reaching a critical lean angle). I couldn't figure out why my recordable capacity was so much less than the card capacity and then realised I had a number of write-protected files. I formatted the card and started again.

Bazzer

I haven't experienced any cold weather problems with it.

I have had the last scenario you describe and that was because on an earlier ride I had somehow triggered the lock feature (the one that causes the unit to record for an hour after an accident before shutting down, usually from it reaching a critical lean angle). I couldn't figure out why my recordable capacity was so much less than the card capacity and then realised I had a number of write-protected files. I formatted the card and started again.

Thanks you.
I did wonder if I might have triggered the write protection on Monday. I hit a pothole I normally manage to avoid and immediately heard the write protection beeping, which surprised me as I thought it only kicked in when the bike was tilted at too steep an angle. (Which I have triggered before by accident). But I wasn't aware of triggering the write protection on other rides, nor was I aware that it could be triggered with a jolt, (assuming that was what happened).
I decided this evening to change the memory card and use one I had put to one side a couple of months back, following an incident. I may take a screenshot and see what it records on my next ride, (probably Friday). If it doesn't behave, then format the card and see what happens.

Scaleyback

Veteran
I would appreciate a little advice from riders with experience of the Cycliq Fly12 CE.
I have recently purchased this camera/light. I have updated to the latest firmware (1.0.46.00)
I have it set to 1080/60 fps with EIS (stabilisation) on.
I am disappointed with the video quality ! I have no problems with anything else and it all works beautifully.
I have used 1080/60 action cameras before and this Fly12CE seems pretty poor in comparison.
The output seems 'overprocessed' and lacking sharpness. This is especially noticable on vehicle Reg plates ?
which is the one thing above all else you need readable.
Can you have a look at this video clip and let me know what you think please.
This clip is chosen as one of the least demanding for the camera. I am riding on a shared cycle/pedestrian path and the traffic is passing quite close to me.
As I slow right down to pass the oblivious dog walker even the plates on the passing van/cars are 'fuzzy'

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-GKHBvWH/0/1e1907ee/1920/i-GKHBvWH-1920.mp4
Thanks

Slick

Guru
Back Vauxhall Corsa number NV15 RKY

That picture looks perfect to me even on pause and zooming in.

gaijintendo

Veteran

^^^
Eye test? Is your phone screen grubby after ingesting some chips? Is your laptop screen grubby from rubbing a sneeze off with your sleeve? Is the cable on your desktop loose/passing electrical interference?

It's a little dark, but so is the weather. But that's a fairly nice sample video.

Last edited:

Scaleyback

Veteran

Thanks guys. Yes the Corsa is readable, what about the black van DG65 DMZ ? yes I can read it but it lacks clarity ? and I am almost on top of it No-way can I read any of the plates on vehicles travelling in the opposite direction on the other side of the road. Would that be normal ?

Slick

Guru
Yes, the black van is readable but the oncoming plates are a but unclear, although with you filming from the pavement you would be unlikely need to identify them. I also think if you ever did need to, it would be fairly straightforward to do so.

Top Bottom