Cycliq Fly Cameras Help Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I've noticed, whenever I have had a bad pass, the cameras really don't show the proximity well. Is it just that I'm a scardy cat?

Do you freeze frame - and take screen prints

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I've noticed, whenever I have had a bad pass, the cameras really don't show the proximity well. Is it just that I'm a scardy cat?

Not at all, that's just a characteristic of the wide angle lens.

Look at a clip where you've been given the proper amount of space by a decent driver and compare that to a bad pass. You'll quickly get your eye tuned to assessing the difference on the video. In any I have to report to police, I make a point of including prior passes that are of the minimum standard for comparison and I make reference to those in my statement.

gaijintendo

Veteran
Not at all, that's just a characteristic of the wide angle lens.

Look at a clip where you've been given the proper amount of space by a decent driver and compare that to a bad pass. You'll quickly get your eye tuned to assessing the difference on the video. In any I have to report to police, I make a point of including prior passes that are of the minimum standard for comparison and I make reference to those in my statement.
I was planning on taking the pixels of the bottom of the wheel and logging each car, amd looking at it on the bell curve... But life is so short...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

My starting point is; has it scared me?
When I have looked at footage of reasonable passes the car does look a lot closer than it seemed at the time.
@glasgowcyclist does make a good point about referencing passes which are of a reasonable standard in any statement; something I will confess I hadn't previously considered.

If you are buying a larger capacity SD card, make sure you buy a compatible one. DAMHIKT :blush:
I've got a 32 and a 64gb card that I bought for similar uses, so hopefully they'll be OK.

Used my Fly 12 for the first time today. All went well until it shut down after about 50 mins. I was set to record at 1080 and I didn't have the light on.

I charged it for a good few hours last night after unpacking it, and te light was green when I unplugged it, so it's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

It's plugged back in now and will remain so until later tonight.

I've changed the quality to 720 as that should be sufficient anyway and I'll see tomorrow how it shapes up. I won't know until I get back though as it will be mounted upside down on the road bike, (out front mount), whereas today it was on top of the bars on the Marin which meant I could see the indicator light.

Getting the videos it did record today seemed to be afaff, in the end I gave up and just took the card out and whacked it straight in my PC, that solved it.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Used my Fly 12 for the first time today. All went well until it shut down after about 50 mins. I was set to record at 1080 and I didn't have the light on.

I charged it for a good few hours last night after unpacking it, and te light was green when I unplugged it, so it's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

It's plugged back in now and will remain so until later tonight.

I've changed the quality to 720 as that should be sufficient anyway and I'll see tomorrow how it shapes up. I won't know until I get back though as it will be mounted upside down on the road bike, (out front mount), whereas today it was on top of the bars on the Marin which meant I could see the indicator light.

Getting the videos it did record today seemed to be afaff, in the end I gave up and just took the card out and whacked it straight in my PC, that solved it.
IME, the quickest way to see the videos is via your laptop/pc and using your 'phone is on glacial time.
With a non compatible card, mine will, with some, tell me shortly after switching on, by switching itself off. I do however have one card, for which no warning beeps are given, but it fails to record. But for those listed by Cycliq,there isn't a problem. - The downside is they are more expensive than the one listed by you, but they do record in 1080.
Unfortunately I have to rely on the beeps, as the unit is deliberately mounted upside down on my road bike.

Top Bottom