Cycliq Fly Cameras Help Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
It was all going so well. No problem so far with my new Fly 6 until this morning when after 20 minutes or so, I heard 3 beeps and the unit switched off mid ride. I didn't actually know it had turned off, I thought the beeps were a battery alert. Only know that I'm in work I realise that I didn't capture the second half of the ride. Has anyone else encountered the phantom power off?

gaijintendo

Veteran
It was all going so well. No problem so far with my new Fly 6 until this morning when after 20 minutes or so, I heard 3 beeps and the unit switched off mid ride. I didn't actually know it had turned off, I thought the beeps were a battery alert. Only know that I'm in work I realise that I didn't capture the second half of the ride. Has anyone else encountered the phantom power off?
It does the beeps tell you the battery level. The camera turns off so that you can have lights for the half hour or so to get you home. The mid ride beeps are either incident detection, or camera off+battery low warning.

If it seems like it ran low too quickly, check you are charging it with a good charger, and cable and do one of those Quick Formats when you next plug into a pc. That perked mine up.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru

Fully charge it from a wall port - not a PC. See what happens.

Search 'DC Rainmaker Fly12CE review' - a few people have had problems and Ben Hammond, one of the head guros at Cyliq is a regular on the forum and has helped a few of the guys with problems they might have had, whether it be with the new Fly12 lights/camera or the old version. He provides his personal email if people are dissatisfied...

For what its worth I have an old Fly 6 and a new Fly 12, only problem I have had with either was the mount for the 12 snapped after just a couple of rides, but have to say support were superb, couple of pictures emailed to them and they replaced it FOC within a couple of days :-)

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
My Fly12's video quality has slumped. Its now a struggle to pick out a car reg plate - where as it was crystal clear when I first had it ? - don't know if some gunk has got on the lense -
  • how would I clean the lense ?
  • Any other reason why picture clarity has gone down ?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo

I have, but it doesn't sound like the same problem. I never really got the bottom of it but mine would switch off after 15 mins which corresponds to the time it should switch to idle mode if no motion is detected. In my case I found it seemed to correlate with me leaving the light on the bike overnight during winter, perhaps the sensor is mechanical and a little moisture gets in there and freezes. I haven't had the problem since I started removing it and bringing it indoors, so far it hasn't happened outside of winter.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I'm on my second fly 12. First one returned to Chain Reaction as it kept freezing and a needle for a master reset became my new best friend.
Had my first successful ride with the replacement today, but using the supplied 2Gb SD card. A 64Gb, (which it is supposed to be able to handle) still causes it to freeze. I'll see what cycliq say about this.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
My Fly12's video quality has slumped. Its now a struggle to pick out a car reg plate - where as it was crystal clear when I first had it ? - don't know if some gunk has got on the lense -
  • how would I clean the lense ?
  • Any other reason why picture clarity has gone down ?

Check with Cycliq first as to the suitability but Boots' own lens fluid should do the job.
Buy some paper lens tissues (the dry type), roll one up and tear off the very tip of one end. Spray a little fluid onto this end and holding it like a pencil, gently brush any residue or dust from the lens. (Don't apply pressure, just use the weight of the tissue itself, there may be tiny grit particles and you don't want to rub them into the lens coating.) The fluid will evaporate cleanly.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
On the off-chance that anyone reading this thread is thinking of buying a Fly6 0r 12, Cycliq are doing 10% off for this week only. Enter TAKE10 at the checkout.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
mine seems to have given up the ghost. turned off on a ride yesterday. would turn back on - dead. Factory reset brought it to life - but now it switches off as soon as as it switches on.

Got to disagree on cycliq support - initially they were good - but now I find them slow to reply - and the replies just seem like stalling tactics

See if you can find Dc Rainmakers review of the FLY12 - read the comments (there's loads) but buried away in there somewhere Ben Hammond their CEO gives his personal email address for any issues people have - he seems very engaging and it looks as if he has helped a fair few people with issues they had - hey if you can go straight to the top why not?

^_^

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
so i raise a support ticket with cycliq ...telling them I have done a master reset but the until still wont switch on.

the solution
do a master reset and then do a load of tests...all which require the device to be on.

cycliq will be gone in 12 months imo

Last edited:
Top Bottom