Cycliq Fly Cameras Help Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With a non compatible card, mine will, with some, tell me shortly after switching on, by switching itself off. I do however have one card, for which no warning beeps are given, but it fails to record. But for those listed by Cycliq,there isn't a problem.
I can't see the card being the issue at all TBH. The light quickly started to flash green/red not long into the red, and then it packed in as I said above. So to me it's not smart enough to dictate battery life depending on the card, and what it did record while on was perfect. We'll see tomorrow, if it happens again it goes back, simples :okay:

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Used my Fly 12 for the first time today. All went well until it shut down after about 50 mins. I was set to record at 1080 and I didn't have the light on.

I charged it for a good few hours last night after unpacking it, and te light was green when I unplugged it, so it's a bit of a mystery at the moment.

It's plugged back in now and will remain so until later tonight.

I've changed the quality to 720 as that should be sufficient anyway and I'll see tomorrow how it shapes up. I won't know until I get back though as it will be mounted upside down on the road bike, (out front mount), whereas today it was on top of the bars on the Marin which meant I could see the indicator light.

Getting the videos it did record today seemed to be afaff, in the end I gave up and just took the card out and whacked it straight in my PC, that solved it.

You didn't stop for a break or anything ? or long press the wifi button ? - most switch off's are caused by this, if you angle to device over a certain angle it locks the footage and switches off - a long press of the wifi button also does this.

You didn't stop for a break or anything ? or long press the wifi button ? - most switch off's are caused by this, if you angle to device over a certain angle it locks the footage and switches off - a long press of the wifi button also does this.
Nope I pressed nowt. It's only got a slight angle as well and I didn't stop at all, well only for a quick comfort break ;)

[EDIT] 55 miles done over 3.75 hours. Just checked the footage when I got home and it stopped recording after 10 minutes :cursing:

Return slips printed, (the out front mount might as well go back too), and that's the end of my Cycliq adventure :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Fly12 CE Arrived - am I being totally thick - or have I been sent a lemon ? - the bracket doesn't seem to click into place which is a worry - also the bracket does align so it wouldn't be possible to fit the camera so it points straight forward - well certainly not with the go pro style mount
fl12ce.jpg
fl12ce2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I have the older unit, but are you sure the fitting in your first picture doesn't twist? DC Rainmaker https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/11/cycliq-fly6ce-fly12ce-first-look.html had the unit facing forward, albeit with a garmin head out unit, but the "crown" shape in his pictures appears to be in a different orientation to yours.

Nope - it doesn't twist any further than it does in the picture.

so thats 2 fly 12's - and looking like 2 12 CEs I will have got through since Christmas this year. Do cycliq employ anyone at all in quality control.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I know from personal experience that their customer service responses are not rapid and "conversations" by email are a pain as they on the other side of the world, but if it isn't obvious how to fit, I'd contact them. It might be one of those things which is obvious once you know how.
Who knows, an email and picture this evening and you might wake up to a response on Wednesday morning?
In the meantime, another user of a CE might be able to say where you are going wrong.

Bazzer

Nope I pressed nowt. It's only got a slight angle as well and I didn't stop at all, well only for a quick comfort break ;)

[EDIT] 55 miles done over 3.75 hours. Just checked the footage when I got home and it stopped recording after 10 minutes :cursing:

Return slips printed, (the out front mount might as well go back too), and that's the end of my Cycliq adventure :thumbsdown:

That sounds like one of my SD cards acts.
To paraphrase what I said up thread, if it isn't one of the Cycliq recommended cards. IME they don't work properly. However the Cycliq recommended ones work perfectly.

Last edited:
That sounds like one of my SD cards acts.
To paraphrase what I said up thread, if it isn't one of the Cycliq recommended cards. IME they don't work properly. However the Cycliq recommended ones work perfectly.
If that is the case then it's ridiculous. The card in use matches all the criteria of any that Cycliq recommend.

To be honest though it all seems a right faff as well. Fitting, removing, fitting to second bike, removing to charge, wondering the whole ride if it's working or not :wacko:

So from dipping my toe in the water I'm very happy to scrap the whole idea and go back to the dark ages, it's a far simpler place there :okay:

"Fly12 CE Arrived - am I being totally thick - or have I been sent a lemon ? - the bracket doesn't seem to click into place which is a worry - also the bracket does align so it wouldn't be possible to fit the camera so it points straight forward - well certainly not with the go pro style mount "
God I'm going to be no help but some help here! I too had this problem, but it was easily fixed...thing is cannot for the life of me remember how!!! I 'seem' to recall that it was really really tight and took a good twist to get it that extra quarter turn you need, but hesistant to recommend that in case it breaks !
I'm probably 85% certain :unsure:

This is probably no help, is it:angel:

Bazzer

If that is the case then it's ridiculous. The card in use matches all the criteria of any that Cycliq recommend.

To be honest though it all seems a right faff as well. Fitting, removing, fitting to second bike, removing to charge, wondering the whole ride if it's working or not :wacko:

So from dipping my toe in the water I'm very happy to scrap the whole idea and go back to the dark ages, it's a far simpler place there :okay:

Cycliq did tell me why a similar card doesn't work, but I can't remember the detail
But clearly not all cards are the same.
As to charging, I leave it on the bike. I ran an extension to near my bike in the garage, so I can charge the camera, Garmin and front light .Only the Garmin needs removing.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
"Fly12 CE Arrived - am I being totally thick - or have I been sent a lemon ? - the bracket doesn't seem to click into place which is a worry - also the bracket does align so it wouldn't be possible to fit the camera so it points straight forward - well certainly not with the go pro style mount "
God I'm going to be no help but some help here! I too had this problem, but it was easily fixed...thing is cannot for the life of me remember how!!! I 'seem' to recall that it was really really tight and took a good twist to get it that extra quarter turn you need, but hesistant to recommend that in case it breaks !
I'm probably 85% certain :unsure:

This is probably no help, is it:angel:

Feel a bit of tool to be honest - it did need one hell of a twist for it to click into place - still not managed to shift the go pro one though !

haha
I've got the go pro one as well, and I have it on an out front mount (from cycliq) with a Garmin on top...all are straight and even, so presume its just brute strength again?? but obviously I cant rtecommend in case it breaks :becool:

Bazzer

Some additional thoughts from my ride into work this morning. as my post at #71 was made just before I went to bed.

Cycliq supply a 2Gb card with the camera. I would try formatting the supplied card and doing a factory reset. If the camera records with the 2Gb card but not with your 32Gb or 64Gb cards, it would look like your cards are incompatible. You might also want to check the version of the software on your camera, with the last release according to Cycliq.
If it looks like the cards are incompatible it's your choice about what to do; probably driven by why you bought the unit in the first place. Personally for a few £s I'd keep it. - I have a couple of cards which are "live". A couple of weeks ago I managed to misplace one of the cards between my garage and lounge. The Cycliq compatible 64Gb replacement, was £6 more than the card you linked to.
If you are swapping between bikes, whilst the unit isn't as user friendly as (say) a Garmin, if the unit remains attached to one half of the bracket, isn't it just undoing a couple of allen head bolts?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Cycliq fanboy. For the first few days after the purchase of my original unit, because of the number of factory resets I did, a sewing needle became my new best friend, before I gave up with it and acquired a replacement. Sure it could be improved, but it now does what it was bought for in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Any suggestions for a aftermarket fly12ce mount - the ones supplied are all plastic - and don't inspire confidence - I don't want to shell out £50 on the cycliq mount.
Before I got the ce i thought it just slot in a garmin mount ? - but although they are the same style they aren't compatible (are they ?)

Top Bottom