Cyclist branded 'stupid'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I think anyone who rides with no hands on the bars should be taken out, shot, quartered, burned at the stake and then their ashes scattered to the 4 winds.*

ll

Thar certainly should have been done to the twot riding oh hands through Cambridge the other week, hands thrust deep into jacket pockets (temp was hovering around zero).

[QUOTE 4693705, member: 259"]I think this one has to be a contender!

"I've got a range of rivets here, various different sizes..."[/QUOTE]
No, that video is riveting.

Lonestar

Veteran
I think anyone who rides with no hands on the bars should be taken out, shot, quartered, burned at the stake and then their ashes scattered to the 4 winds.*
*This is purely jealously as I have never mastered the skill

It can be very inconsiderate...It's generally done by the cyclist in front who forgets that anyone is behind them...Cycles at 10mph and then whips out the mobile phone as what happened to me the other day.

TBH....I'm never going to be trying to do this.I tried it many years ago and cocked up and have no incentive to try it again.

U

User33236

I've got a nice scar on my chin from the last time I tried it as a kid. Don't plan on a repeat event either ^_^

martint235

Dog on a bike
Handy Hint.
If someone tells you they can't ride no-hands, riding past them no-hands will not win you many Brownie points.
Especially if you're riding their bike at the time.
To be honest anyone who can ride my bike for more than a few yards gets brownie points

Riding no handed is really just a matter of growing a pair. It's not actually that difficult, but convincing yourself it's not a bad idea, is. [Deleted by mod] Riding no handed in this country when there is traffic around is not a terribly bright move either I.M.O.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Riding no handed is really just a matter of growing a pair. It's not actually that difficult, but convincing yourself it's not a bad idea, is. [Deleted by Mod] Riding no handed in this country when there is traffic around is not a terribly bright move either I.M.O.
I managed no handed for a few yards the other day, lidless too.
There was no traffic, but there could have been.
I am aiming to practice more, avert your eyes :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom