Cyclist branded 'stupid'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
55139159199094055179016142168109141203234180&b=52952&c=1&d=28&e=PUE061b-TS&f=1&sub=23&pn=1&rnd=2.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
20170211_105742.jpg

Riding no hands... smoking....
Good job the Chronicle wasn't around in 1930.

I think it's disingenuous of cyclists to join in the media's bike-bashing by claiming people who ride bikes differently to them aren't cyclists. Good luck to anyone who can ride no-handed. I saw tons of them in the Netherlands, including one chap eating breakfast as he pedalled through central Dordrecht. Almost no-one does it in England, probably because most people are shoot-scared of the stupid motorists who jump give-ways and red lights.

Do you think the dashcam filmer is the same Paul Anderson who uses his Youtube channel to warn motorists where the speed cameras are?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkJ3xPXfjdE

These amuse me.....

Given the extent of warnings and clear signing, anyone who gets caught bytes camera is really either too inobservance to be able to drive safely or has deliberately chosen to ignore the signing

View attachment 339185

Riding no hands... smoking....
Good job the Chronicle wasn't around in 1930.

Looks like it was ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evening_Chronicle
The Chronicle originated as the Newcastle Chronicle, founded in 1764 as a weekly newspaper by Thomas Stack. The paper was owned by his descendants until 1850, when it was sold to a consortium led by Mark William Lambert, a local businessman. The repeal of the taxes on newspapers in 1855, along with the hiring of new journalists and the installation of a new printing press created an opportunity to expand the newspaper. On May 1, 1858, the Newcastle Daily Chronicle was launched. Its editor was Joseph Cowen, who became the sole owner at the end of 1859. He soon turned the Chronicle into the most successful newspaper in north-eastern England and one of the most successful provincial newspapers of the 19th century.[2]

Must be that the readers were down the pub / smoking tabs / racing their pigeons / wippets & didn't get too worked up about the horrendous H&S risk

keithmac

Guru
Easiiest way to check a motorcycle is in correct alignment is to release hands from the bars and see where you have to move your weight to remain going straight..

Obviously not for long, on a quiet private road and hands only an inch or two from the grips.

MarkF

Guru
A skill I am determined to master this year as I have never been able to ride no handed .
Paul

I could ride and steer with no hands as kid, no problem, but now I can't, not for more than few seconds..... and I try most days.

It's a wonder nobody has uploaded a vid of my lad, he rides along a busy A road to the gym, he's never owned a helmet and on his unicycle, he has nowhere to put his hands anyway. ^_^ I think Paul Alderson would explode if he saw him as he usually has an angle grinder dangling from one arm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom