Cyclist branded 'stupid'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Cyclist branded 'stupid' after he was filmed riding down Osborne Road with no helmet and no hands:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/see-brazen-osborne-road-cyclist-12637707

Now this lad looks like a scrote and he certainly should't be ridding down the road with no hands but the paper gives the impression that he is stupid for not wearing a helmet also and quotes Rule 59 of the Highway Code to back this up.

Also in the video there appears to be a taxi parked on a crossing and double yellow lines. The driver who filmed the footage wasn't outraged at this. Funny that!

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
He's got some skills, turning a corner no-handed. I haven't mastered that yet. I guess it depends under what conditions you're doing it, but it can be safe to ride with no hands to put a jacket on or something. I'm sure plenty of us have done it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just a kid. Quiet road, riding perfectly fine. You should see the lads on the A57 in the 'lovely' Gorton - no hands, no lights, weaving down the road on the wrong side. I was so outraged I shook my head and didn't film them. The kids locally like to play chicken with cars !

jarlrmai

Veteran
I ride no handed all the time, putting on a jacket or eating a gel or whatever. Our group came across a kid on Sunday riding the wrong way down the road doing a wheelie and talking on his phone. I think it's disingenuous of the media to bunch everyone in together so scrotes on bikes are cyclists.

Drago

Legendary Member
Local chip wrapper in anti-cyclist stance shocker.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think it's disingenuous of the media to bunch everyone in together so scrotes on bikes are cyclists.
I think it's disingenuous of cyclists to join in the media's bike-bashing by claiming people who ride bikes differently to them aren't cyclists. Good luck to anyone who can ride no-handed. I saw tons of them in the Netherlands, including one chap eating breakfast as he pedalled through central Dordrecht. Almost no-one does it in England, probably because most people are shoot-scared of the stupid motorists who jump give-ways and red lights.

Do you think the dashcam filmer is the same Paul Anderson who uses his Youtube channel to warn motorists where the speed cameras are?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkJ3xPXfjdE

Top Bottom