Cyclist crushed by bus on Oxford Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I must say I nearly got taken out by a WVM as a 10 tonner cut him up very badly and "forced" him into the bus lane next to me.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Camgreen said:
Take your point generally, but the news item suggests that the bus may well have ploughed into cyclist and pedestrian here; an unfortunate case of wrong place/time as opposed to inexperience or road positioning, I suspect.

Lee was replying to something I'd asked earlier, an assertion I'd made that there seem to be rather a high number of fatalities and off's in London.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh it really is so tragic and so sad, it really is. RIP fellow cyclist.

Interesting to note how the story is quite differant than yesterdays, no mention of this "car" at all now.

Also of note is the reference at the bottom of the article about cycling forum posters. Wonder if we have a wider audience?

Sargent

Very sad. RIP

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Davywalnuts said:
Oh it really is so tragic and so sad, it really is. RIP fellow cyclist.

Interesting to note how the story is quite differant than yesterdays, no mention of this "car" at all now.

Also of note is the reference at the bottom of the article about cycling forum posters. Wonder if we have a wider audience?

Its prolly been mentioned on the BR and YACF too. BR also has a lot of Londoners.

chemswot

RIP.

I find it chilling to think I've been there, as a cyclist of only 8 months, quite recently.

Also, I can just imagine happily pootling along the left of cars and suddenly one veering left. It happened once, but luckily just in front of me and I cover my brakes all the time (as my cycle instructor told me to). I'm sure once I'm back on the road tomorrow, I'll be back to normal, but I just have images in my head now. I hope that isn't too frequent in your experiences?

I might just keep an eye on my road positioning for the next few days...

OP
OP
CopperBrompton

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
chemswot said:
I hope that isn't too frequent in your experiences?
I think the type of serious accident that just comes out of nowhere is pretty rare. If you look at most of the cyclist deaths in London, almost all of them involved a cyclist on the inside of a truck at a junction. If you avoid ever placing yourself in that position, and ride with a decent level of overall alertness, cycling in London is very safe.

Top Bottom