Cyclist down at Clapham Southside

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
User, I came past the aftermath and HEMS were already on the scene as were the other emergency services. The Tour Bus was in situ as were other vehicles including a white van and Black BMW. Witness statements were being taken.

I hope the cyclist pulls through.

scouserinlondon

Fingers crossed. Un-confirmed twitter reports suggest it was a cyclist vs big tour bus. At this time of year a lot of those vehicles are travelling between their depot and town, I hope the cyclist is okay.

Flyingfox

Fingers crossed. Un-confirmed twitter reports suggest it was a cyclist vs big tour bus. At this time of year a lot of those vehicles are travelling between their depot and town, I hope the cyclist is okay.

According to the Wandsworth Guardian, it was a female cyclist in her late 30's and police have said her injuries are not being treated as life threatening or life changing - so on that respect a bit of relief for her family and friends.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Report here:

Police and ambulance staff were called to a collision between a bike and a car this morning in Clapham.

A woman in her late 30s was taken to a south London hospital following the incident at the junction of Clapham Common Southside and Lynette Avenue SW4 just before 8am.

A police spokesman said her injuries were not being treated as life-threatening or life-changing.

No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk...n_hospital_after_collision_in_Clapham/?ref=mr

Thankfully the cyclist's injuries do not appear to be as serious as they could have been.

I checked the film last night and the incident apears to have taken place between Cavendish Rd and Lynette Avenue on Clapham Common Southside. The location is where the CS lane disappers and there are only two narrow traffic lanes northbound. There is also a bus stop and this pinches the two lanes into one when a bus stops. There are CS cycle logo pads in the offside lane. The design further along the CCS has already been altered (removing part of the CS lane), but it is still a far from ideal (I ride in primary along this stretch to try and limit close overtakes).

her_welshness

[QUOTE 1509446"]
The cyclist concerned is posting on YACF. Quoted in post 6737.

Gah. Why won't anyone tell me what happened to me on Tuesday? I don't know where the bits of my bike are, I don't know how I got in that mess, I don't know a damn thing. All I can find out comes from the local press / twitter which is as much help as a chocolate teapot.

Spoke to the police and they're useless - gave me a number and told me to wait three weeks. Happened just before 8am on Tuesday. I know I ended up under an open topped tourist bus. I want to know how? Did I do something dumb or not? I hate not knowing.

http://yacf.co.uk/fo...opic=26458.6735
[/quote]

Yes, this happened to my friend on Tuesday :sad: He is looking for any witnesses because as you can tell from the message above he is desperate to know. If you saw anything please pm me.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I am now baffled as to the gender of the victim.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
That's a terrible bit of reporting! Hope he is alright apart from not knowing how he hit the deck!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
They should get a letter from the police shorty with contact information from the case manager. Normally they are quiet good.

Rapples

Guru
It is my mate Richard and I can verify that it is a he* :biggrin:

*Not because I have carnal knowledge of him you understand, but because my husband used to live with him.

Your husband has carnal knowledge of him :eek:

Hi Your Welshness :hello:

Glad your friend isn't too badly hurt, looked like it coud have been very nasty and lost a vital appendage there.

I hope he finds out what happened, looks like the Police got some witness statements so hopefully it'll all come out in the end.

The lfgss forum has a post from someone whose friend was cycling behind and saw it all happen.

Just hearing that the rider was overtaking the bus and a car squeezed the rider against the bus. Rider ended up under the bus. The car didn't stop.

Top Bottom