Cyclist Down, but not out...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had tankers, buses and coaches out to get me recently. Tonight it was the turn of a cyclist, although to be fair, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it, and he was the one who took the hit.

:sad:

Mind you, had I been a bit further up....

He was generally ok, but he had some blood coming from his leg and will have some nasty burns on his thighs. If you're reading this, I hope your ok, and you managed the 14 miles home!

That section is very slippy, and the tunnel is only designed for one way traffic. The other tunnel has been closed for ages without explination. I think it's time for a chat with the council...

Looks like the only thin really hurt was his pride ;-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol Oh dear I shouldn't laugh.. really I shouldn't. I feel bad about it. But I will.. poor fella hope he is ok.

Am a bit disappointed though Dave... No high pitched squeals in the video

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
ouch! Hope the unknown cyclist doesn't hurt too much!
(At least this one wasn't "your fault", Mag :sad: - except for you merely being there)

T

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HLaB said:
Looks like the only thin really hurt was his pride ;-)

No I think he was probably hurt a bit. He got up pretty quick but then he complained his knee was hurting, and there was a trickle of blood from his shin.

I stayed for a short while, but he insisted he was ok and that I should just go on.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Telemark said:
ouch! Hope the unknown cyclist doesn't hurt too much!
(At least this one wasn't "your fault", Mag :sad: - except for you merely being there)

T

Oi! Which of the previous were my fault then...?:angry::rolleyes:

No buns for you at Chez Magnatom...:smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
magnatom said:
Oi! Which of the previous were my fault then...?:rolleyes::smile:

No buns for you at Chez Magnatom...:sad:

:biggrin: Knew you'd rise to the bait & couldn't resist :biggrin:
If only I'd known there were buns at stake :angry:

I'll get my Altura jacket ...

T

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Anyway, this video is absolute proof that I am a serious cyclist. Notice how I lift the bike up and not the other cyclist! :sad:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Telemark said:
:rolleyes: Knew you'd rise to the bait & couldn't resist :angry:
If only I'd known there were buns at stake :smile:

I'll get my Altura jacket ...

T

I aim to please! :sad::biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:sad::biggrin::biggrin:

back on topic ... it really looked very greasy there, if I didn't know better I'd have said there was ice, maybe some oil or other spill?

And the guy clearly didn't expect you there, do you think he would have still gone over if he'd been alone in the tunnel? He did seem to come round that bend rather fast, unless that's an artefact of you speeding towards him in the video?

T

addictfreak said:
I think he recognised you and threw himself at your feet in worship:biggrin::biggrin:

It was deffo the Magnatom effect. One look is enough to cause, panic, consternation, aggression, delete as appropriate. Of course he could have instinctively reached to cover his ears before the Magnatom squeal turned him to stone and then remembered he was riding a bike.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Crackle said:
It was deffo the Magnatom effect. One look is enough to cause, panic, consternation, aggression, delete as appropriate. Of course he could have instinctively reached to cover his ears before the Magnatom squeal turned him to stone and then remembered he was riding a bike.

You're the one with the evil eye! :sad:

He went over because he saw me as he turned the corner and he wanted to pull to the side to pass. He was travelling too fast, but the tunnel isn't designed for two way traffic, and there is a layer of grime on that corner.

Top Bottom