Cyclist in fatal collision, near Glasgow Airport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
BBC News report.
Car v. Cyclist on Greenock Road, Inchinnan, at the north side of the airport. Sad news, and on a road which I have ridden on quite a few occasions which brings it home that it can happen to anyone. Be careful out there, and RIP the 51 year old male cyclist involved.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Sad news.... :sad: RIP

Slick

Guru
This is a route I use commuting. I know it changes nothing, but I'm really keen to hear how this happened. The chat at work is more sympathy for the young girl which shocked me a bit especially as I have my suspicions on how it happened. It's a big wide fairly fast stretch of road that few drivers obey the speed limit but lots of room to pass a cyclist safely, which is fortunate as it's hugely popular with cyclists at the weekend.

Deepest sympathy to the family.

boydj

Legendary Member
I've ridden that stretch of road hundreds of times. The old A8 used to be a 3-lane road - notorious for head-on collisions between cars. It's now a standard single carriageway with a relatively wide lane in each direction. There has been a fairly recent change to the junction with the road going into Inchinnan, which I think makes it a more difficult junction for a cyclist going straight through and I suspect this incident happened at the junction.

Slick

Guru
It's almost a year since this happened, I've had a Google around but can find nothing other than initial reports.

Has anyone got more details of any repercussions from this?

Top Bottom