Cyclist in fatal collision, near Glasgow Airport.

Discussion in 'Advocacy and Cycling Safety' started by Brandane, 29 Jul 2018.

1. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

BBC News report.
    Car v. Cyclist on Greenock Road, Inchinnan, at the north side of the airport. Sad news, and on a road which I have ridden on quite a few occasions which brings it home that it can happen to anyone. Be careful out there, and RIP the 51 year old male cyclist involved.

Cycleops likes this.
  2. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

Sad news.... :sad: RIP

3. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

Poor man :sad:

4. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

:sad:
    I wonder if I know him.
    RIP.

5. Drago

Drago Guru

R.I.P. to a fallen Brother.

6. ozboz

ozboz Über Member

More sad news of a fallen comrade ,after a really good week of an excellent cycling full week,
    RIP

Drago likes this.
  7. Athlete_Tucks

Athlete_Tucks New Member

Do any of you know who the cyclist was?

Absolutely devastated for any friends and family.

8. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Slick likes this.
  9. Slick

Slick Veteran

This is a route I use commuting. I know it changes nothing, but I'm really keen to hear how this happened. The chat at work is more sympathy for the young girl which shocked me a bit especially as I have my suspicions on how it happened. It's a big wide fairly fast stretch of road that few drivers obey the speed limit but lots of room to pass a cyclist safely, which is fortunate as it's hugely popular with cyclists at the weekend.

Deepest sympathy to the family.

Pat "5mph" and boydj like this.
  10. boydj

boydj Veteran

I've ridden that stretch of road hundreds of times. The old A8 used to be a 3-lane road - notorious for head-on collisions between cars. It's now a standard single carriageway with a relatively wide lane in each direction. There has been a fairly recent change to the junction with the road going into Inchinnan, which I think makes it a more difficult junction for a cyclist going straight through and I suspect this incident happened at the junction.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice