Cyclist killed - Suspected cause of hitting a pot-hole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Shame words never fail you.
Your responses in this thread show your characteristic warm nature and good-heartedness.

400bhp

Guru
Well how inconvenient for you to have your day ruined. So what makes you sick, the fact that cyclists are needlessly dying or you would prefer not to read about it as it spoils your day?

My Nan used to say "If you don't have anything constructive to say then keep quiet". Maybe you should try this?

Heal the world
make it a better place
for you and for me and the entire cycling race
There are cyclists needlessly dying
but if you care enough for the living
Make a better place for you and for me

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is why i stick to the same routes, or when i venture into the unknown keep my eyes peeled for these potential death traps! There is a deep one on one of my routes that i have reported to the council. Six months later it's getting deeper, it's about 6 inch deep and a foot long. The very annoying thing is that when i give it a 2 foot wide birth i often get beeped by some dimwit driver who hasn't seen this pothole although it's plainly obvious when you approach it in a car.
It's a shame to hear of the bloke being killed in such a way and when on hearing that he was wearing a helmet i thought no matter how we try and protect ourselves we are at the mercy of our surroundings when on a bike.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Well how inconvenient for you to have your day ruined. So what makes you sick, the fact that cyclists are needlessly dying or you would prefer not to read about it as it spoils your day?

My Nan used to say "If you don't have anything constructive to say then keep quiet". Maybe you should try this?
Thanks for that!!

danielstucke

Über Member
Stop bickering boys!

Pot holes are getting noticeably worse at the moment - I guess that's a recession for you. What's the quickest and most affective way to report them?

danielstucke

Über Member
O
I would suggest http://www.fillthathole.org.uk

Otherwise there should be a way of reporting through the local council's own website (in two tier areas then that's normally the County council rather than the district one)
Ooh - app installed - thanks!

DWiggy

Über Member
O
Ooh - app installed - thanks!
I also have this app installed on my phone as I am so frustrated by the state of our roads here in the uk!! especially the part of the road we cyclist needs are suppose to be riding.
They are utterly horrendous but my commute to work doesn't lend it self to me constantly stopping to use the app! (well not in the winter anyway!)
Maybe we cyclist should organise a fillthathole Sunday, where we go out on mass and log complaints via the app. I mean some potholes could be re classified as sink holes they are that deep!!!

danielstucke

Über Member
I also have this app installed on my phone as I am so frustrated by the state of our roads here in the uk!! especially the part of the road we cyclist needs are suppose to be riding.
They are utterly horrendous but my commute to work doesn't lend it self to me constantly stopping to use the app! (well not in the winter anyway!)
Maybe we cyclist should organise a fillthathole Sunday, where we go out on mass and log complaints via the app. I mean some potholes could be re classified as sink holes they are that deep!!!
Nce idea. Or use them as markers for beginning / end of Strava sprints, take a breather at each one and report it!

Hip Priest

Veteran
The lanes of Northumberland resemble the surface of the moon. And there's another heavy dumping of snow taking place as we speak, so it's only going to get worse.

DWiggy

Über Member
I can remember the number of times I have had to take surprise evasive maneuvers from a new pot hole/sink hole after a cold night, they are so sodding dangerous!!! and the majority of car drivers do not appreciate why us bike riders have to drive so far away from the curb due to the dilapidated roads!

Top Bottom