Cyclist knocked off his bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gasinayr

Über Member
Driving up to a roundabout on Thursday saw a man on a bike coming from an other road and thought, he is going a bit fast entering roundabout. Entered roundabout turning right, as I turned saw cyclist and bike lying on the road. Car coming onto roundabout on my right hit him and sent him flying. The driver never had a chance as I said cyclist going to fast entering roundabout,

vickster

Legendary Member
Hopefully he’s ok even if he was possibly at fault. Did you stay to give details as a witness?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gasinayr

gasinayr

Über Member
Never saw the car hitting him due to the angle my car was at going round roundabout. Had to travel down road to turn, went back to check, Other people were there and he seemed ok. A telecom guy was working at a junction box and the cyclist nearly landed on top of him so I think he saw it happen

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Hard to visualise this one. Was the car already on the roundabout? On big roundabouts over/under motorways or DCs, you generally want to inject yourself as fast as possible because cars will be going round at 30mph+.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Accident description is vague at best, could be either parties fault although the OP is strictly biased towards blaming the cyclist. I guess both the people involved could have handled it better, who knows as none of us apppear to have witnessed the collision clearly.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hard to visualise this one. Was the car already on the roundabout? On big roundabouts over/under motorways or DCs, you generally want to inject yourself as fast as possible because cars will be going round at 30mph+.
Maybe so, but you do still need to be prepared and able to give way to traffic to your right :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm confused. Did the car enter the roundabout in front of the cyclist and T bone him, or was the cyclist chancing his arm by warping onto the roundabout, misjudged it, and pulled out in front of a car?

si_c

Guru
I'm confused. Did the car enter the roundabout in front of the cyclist and T bone him, or was the cyclist chancing his arm by warping onto the roundabout, misjudged it, and pulled out in front of a car?
I read it as the latter. Although I did need to read it a couple of times as not that clear.

Drago

Legendary Member
That's what I thought, but it's unclear.

Jody

Stubborn git
I read it as the latter. Although I did need to read it a couple of times as not that clear.

I read it as the former. Cyclist flew onto the roundabout and the driver to the OP's right (so also turning right on the roundabout but from the next entrance) misjudged and wiped him out. Op was turning left as he had to turn round and go back.

Both the OP and the other driver were entering the roundabout the cyclist was already on.

Top Bottom