Cyclist wins case against Taxi driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Is that the trailer for the new Trainspotting film , Begbie driving taxis now ? , Spud on the bike ?

rossw46

Taxi too close to him, especially with the tram lines he has to cross over, maybe the muppet in the taxi doesn't realise how badly a cyclist can come off on them ?

And then to pull over to assault the guy, what an idiot, taxi driver got what he deserved, I hope more examples of idiots like this are made !

If that were me, the taxi driver wouldnt have been standing at the end of it. Im not Muhamad Ali but at least I can throw a half decent punch, plus Mr Taxi is an old fart.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Sadly that conviction won't automatically render him as not a fit and proper person to be licensed by the council.
In fact he'll be in good company.

GC

bladesman73

Über Member
taxi driver clearly strikes him, at first i was thinking the cyclist was a nob for pursuing the taxi, then the taxi driver goes and ruins it by waiting for him and throwing the campest right hand since jon inman.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
The taxi driver should have given the cyclist more consideration before doing the close pass, the cyclist should have vented and left it at that, to pursue the taxi and further vent at the driver was foolhardy and then for the driver to wait and then "ambush" the cyclist was just plain stupidity. Both parties should have shown more restraint and carried on with their journeys, stupidity of the highest order award goes to them both with the taxi driver getting an extra "nobber of the week " award for resorting to fisticuffs.

If that were me, the taxi driver wouldnt have been standing at the end of it. Im not Muhamad Ali but at least I can throw a half decent punch, plus Mr Taxi is an old fart.

If he had assaulted me like that I would have done the decent thing and phoned for an ambulance for him as I cycled off into the distance:boxing:

I dont care how old he is. He would be sat on his arse when I left. I wont start violence but I can finish it.

Aren't you all so hard? Problem is, this is exactly the same attitude that driver had. He didn't think he started it, he thinks it started with the cyclist calling him a knob. Kudos to cyclist for not hitting the old man, no matter how much he wanted to.

bladesman73

Über Member
Aren't you all so hard? Problem is, this is exactly the same attitude that driver had. He didn't think he started it, he thinks it started with the cyclist calling him a knob. Kudos to cyclist for not hitting the old man, no matter how much he wanted to.

cyclist deserves zero kudos, he went after the cab multiple times even after telling the driver he was a tw@t during te first altercation. he brought the attack on himself, what did he expect to happen by pursuing the driver? did he think the driver would get out of the cab say sorry and polish his frame for him? there are some plonkers out there who give the rest of us cyclists a bad name by aggravating a situation just because they have a camera on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom