Cyclist wins case against Taxi driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
cyclist deserves zero kudos, he went after the cab multiple times even after telling the driver he was a tw@t during te first altercation. he brought the attack on himself, what did he expect to happen by pursuing the driver? did he think the driver would get out of the cab say sorry and polish his frame for him? there are some plonkers out there who give the rest of us cyclists a bad name by aggravating a situation just because they have a camera on them

What a load of bollocks.

GC

What a load of bollocks.

GC
I was drafting a longer rebuttal. Yours is better, so I stopped writing mine.

bladesman73

Über Member
What a load of bollocks.

GC
thanks for that, do you have anything constructive to say or are you one of those people who go looking for trouble? driver passed close, cyclist gave him a rollocking, he needed to grow up and leave it, .....

MOD Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
cyclist deserves zero kudos, he went after the cab multiple times even after telling the driver he was a tw@t during te first altercation. he brought the attack on himself, what did he expect to happen by pursuing the driver? did he think the driver would get out of the cab say sorry and polish his frame for him? there are some plonkers out there who give the rest of us cyclists a bad name by aggravating a situation just because they have a camera on them

I disagree. Just because you shout a few insults at each other doesnt mean it has to end in violence. The cab driver pulled over further ahead and ambushed the cyclist by attempting to push him off his bike or punching him. The Cab driver should have just carried on his merry way but hes the one that initiated the physical attack. He deserves whatevers coming to him

bladesman73

Über Member
I disagree. Just because you shout a few insults at each other doesnt mean it has to end in violence. The cab driver pulled over further ahead and ambushed the cyclist by attempting to push him off his bike or punching him. The Cab driver should have just carried on his merry way but hes the one that initiated the physical attack. He deserves whatevers coming to him
like i said before the cab driver was well out of order but why cant people see that the cyclist had already had his say. he should have left it after the first altercation. u dont know what kind of psycho is driving. kenneth noye anyone? dont say i didnt warn u

u castigate blokes for acting hard then u say that! grow up
The cyclist was all shouty with the driver after he had a near death experience. It's all fight or flight and pretty hard to control. The driver, on the other hand, cold bloodedly waited to ambush the cyclist a kilometre further on. You can regard the cyclist as "having asked for it", but I don't see that.

I know I get angry when my life is threatened. When I was knocked off by a car, and the driver came to my assistance, I had to tell her to go away and call the police. I couldn't trust myself to talk to her. After about 10 minutes, I calmed down enough to ask if she was ok, and check if she had kids to pick up (accident was about 3pm on a weekday). I don't think anyone behaves in a completely exemplary manner immediately after a collision or a near miss.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
At what point should you leave it?
For me personally..................it would be seconds after I had vented my spleen at the offending driver. as cyclists we are vulnerable, we are wide open to injury from an irate driver using his vehicle as a weapon, it's really not worth the risk, add to that that despite the fact you or anyone else might be a bit "useful" when it comes down to self defence there is always the chance that the driver of the vehicle could just be that bit handier or just plain psychotic.
Perfect example of why you shouldn't react

Last edited:

bladesman73

Über Member
i get close passes daily on my commute. people need to calm the *** down. tell the driver he a *** yes, dont keep following him jesus wept ur words wont change the drivers future behaviour! im sure ur missus and kids at home would rather u kept ur nose how it is and not smashed by some worthless runt. its about being adult enough not to seek confrontation

bladesman73

Über Member
i didnt realise there were so many people out there who think its right to tempt fate and go looking for trouble! i guess you are all 6ft plus martial arts experts! my bad sorry...happy fighting!

dont keep following him jesus wept
I must have watched a different video to you. He seems to only be following him because they are going in the same direction - after the second exchange of words, that the driver seems to have instigated. OK, after that he gets one more "knob" in. After the cab passes him, he can't have had expectation plan to catch up with him again. If the cab hadn't stopped and the driver got out, they would have never seen each other again.

classic33

Leg End Member
i get close passes daily on my commute. people need to calm the *** down. tell the driver he a *** yes, dont keep following him jesus wept ur words wont change the drivers future behaviour! im sure ur missus and kids at home would rather u kept ur nose how it is and not smashed by some worthless runt. its about being adult enough not to seek confrontation
And if you take the same route as the vehicle driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom