damn & hell! GGGRRRR!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Damn and blast :tongue:

My credit card has been 'done' Someone has tried to use it to buy stuff in the States. Luckily it's been picked up by the card company & stopped early. But it does mean my current card is now unusable and I have to wait for the replacement to arrive.

Drat, drat, drat and dirty litterbox offerings to credit card fraudsters! May their gonads wither & fester with untreatable MRSA!

longers

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
Drat, drat, drat and dirty litterbox offerings to credit card fraudsters! May their gonads wither & fester with untreatable MRSA!

Curse of the day :ohmy:.

It's a bugger when it happens :tongue:.

I guess you'll have to spend Mr Wafflycats money for a bit then eh?

*goes and checks own account*

TVC

wafflycat said:
The nit that is worrying is *how* the card got 'done' as I hide my pin number when putting it in... so it's possibly an online fraud?

Are you sure the chickens haven't got hold of a card reader.:tongue:

Bad luck though, at least it was caught early on.

longers

Legendary Member
Quite possibly. It's scary to think of the potential trail you leave electronically when buying stuff. I know things are supposed to be secure and I just trust that they are but it just takes one bad apple or a lapse in security and you are potentially very vulnerable.

I've had it twice, picked it up myself at the stage when they were making small tester purchases. I check my account a lot closer these days.

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

longers said:
I've had it twice, picked it up myself at the stage when they were making small tester purchases. I check my account a lot closer these days.

That's what happened here - there was a tester purchase in the States. Luckily it was picked up by the credit card company. So all credit (hahaha) to the card company in that respect.

longers

Legendary Member
I had someone spending £4.66 or similar on I-tunes in Canada and a fifty quid flight booked from Ho Chi Min City.

Slim

Über Member
I just had someone transfer their balance to a card I hadn't used in months.

That would be bad enough but the fraud department I spoke to reckons they would have needed loads of personal details in order to carry out the transfer. I suppose the electoral register would have addresses, etc. Not sure about where scammers would get anything deeper from.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Unlucky Waffles. And yes, it's a royal PITA.

I had my card stopped a while back as someone was trying to use it in Delhi. The bank even left a message on the answerphone to let me know.
Sadly I didn't get it, as I was in Delhi at the time, wondering why my card wouldn't work...

Night Train

Maker of Things
Hope this posts.

Sorry to hear that Wafflycat.

I have told the bank not to authorise any overseas payments unless I tell them I am going on holiday and where to.

One of the people at work told me that the same had happened to them last week. They lost £3000 and are arguing with the bank about it. In the meantime their DD's have all failed to pay out for their bills.

longers

Legendary Member
Ooops. At least you know that they're on the ball ;).

Edit: reply to the doctor - not NT's colleague.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I had the same last month. Couple of small test purchases and then nearly £1800 worth mostly in the USA. I had only ever used that card in 3 places online !

Top Bottom