dark cycle kit!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
A stealth Volvo.... is that a contradiction.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Of course the answer is very simple, wear black - just don't cycle at night.

it's only a real problem at night , I don't wear Hi-viz - I don't cycle at night. - I tend to wear a bright yelow overjacket but it's not high viz.

If the driver doesn't see you in broad daylight, wearing Hi-viz isn't going to help , (well it will a bit obviousely) but it's more likely he is'nt looking.

Another crock of shoot from captain incomprehensible!

Look how invisible I am, all dressed in black.

Nice to meet you lobster man!

subaqua

What’s the point
Cars and motorbikes don't have reflective elements? Reflective strips only work when they have a light shining on them to reflect. Great at night, no use at all in the dull light of winter evenings or when cycling into a low sun. Why wear black?

make your mind up. reflectives work in daylight as theyt reflect ( as the name suggests ) light . the reflective piping on one of my walking jackjets works great in the low sun as it is a light source.

subaqua

What’s the point
I'm with The Claud on this. And anyway, who really want's to go cycling looking like a big bag of hi-vizzy custard?

to quote greg collins - Hi Viz doth offend my eye

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
It helps me go faster ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy

150096600051052269_6JnXHI1z_b.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Wear whatever you want...I personally feel safer in the dark in a yellow jacket / gilet and safer day or night wearing a helmet. I probably look utterly daft in both, but don't give a ****

It's the kids in dark (non cycling) clothes, with no reflectives and no lights, often riding on the pavement, who are menaces IMO ...or perhaps it's natural selection at work? Not to mention pedestrians, who are regularly dark clothed, mostly blind and stupid!

OP
OP
bianchi1

bianchi1

Guru
make your mind up. reflectives work in daylight as theyt reflect ( as the name suggests ) light . the reflective piping on one of my walking jackjets works great in the low sun as it is a light source.

Just to be clear, if the sun is shining on your walking jacket, its light is being 'reflected' back to the sun. Fine if you are looking at someone as they ride toward you into the sun, not so great if they are riding into the direction of the sun.

Top Bottom