Dark cycle users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As we all know, it's common to see folk on bikes on the roads after dark who inevitably wear dark clothing and have no lights on said bikes. This is something I'd be too scared to do in case of the inevitable. If as a driver, you had a collision with said cycle user, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd try and blame you for the event.
Or is it just me being too cautious - ?
"... it's common to see folk on bikes on the roads after dark who inevitably wear dark clothing and have no lights on said bikes."

So. Uh...

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
If you drive into someone with your car, it's your fault, whatever they are wearing. HTH.

If I was of a suicidal bent, I'm pretty sure I could contrive to get my bike into a position where you wouldn't be able to avoid hitting me with your car. HTH.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
If I was of a suicidal bent, I'm pretty sure I could contrive to get my bike into a position where you wouldn't be able to avoid hitting me with your car. HTH.
And if you work even harder, you can probably think of another ten vanishingly unlikely scenarios where I might drive into you blamelessly. Meanwhile, in the real world, drivers can simply look where they are going, and not run people over.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
I think some of you lot "commute" in Nania... commuting road s are never fckin quiet or safe even at 3am

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
My bike is the brightest orange in the World, ever, but still cars are attracted like bees round honey ..
Some, only some, drivers in my experience couldn't give a shiny shite about cyclists .. whatever you wear, whatever colour, wether you stick close to a kerb in the right lane, yadda yadda yadda !
:bicycle:

Top Bottom