Dark cycle users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Someone managed to take a photo of an invisible car…
porsche-911-turbo-720x340.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was driving on the M1/M18 today in a total whiteout. Dense fog and snow blizzard combined. There were many drivers who hadn't thought to put their fog lights on, were passing me and literally disappearing within about twenty yards.

I slowed down.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 5185389, member: 9609"]why should they ? is it not up to you to see them ?

why do cars and lorries have rear tail lights anyway? complete waste of energy.

They should take the lead from cyclists and try and be a bit more camouflaged, test other road users out to make sure they have good eyes and concentration, anyone rear ends you then its there fault. - 44 ton logging truck goes up your jacksee then you've got them, banged to rights.[/QUOTE]
You know what? I put my fog light on. At least I pulled the switch and a light came on on the dashboard, whether the lamp itself was lit I haven't the foggiest. However, I was checking my mirrors. There was no logging truck.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Driving the van this evening, I decided not to turn on the headlights. Motorists should look where they are going. After all, I don't have any responsibility for my own safety.....
I see an awful lot of drivers like that now. I'm unsure whether it's carelessness and unobservant driving now that street lights are so bright, or an attempt at fuel saving now that there's no police to require them to light up.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5185389, member: 9609"]...

why do cars and lorries have rear tail lights anyway? complete waste of energy.

...[/QUOTE]

Energy that's being created on the fly by the alternator... so not a 'waste' by any stretch of the imagination.

classic33

Leg End Member
I am reminded of multiple recumbent riders who keep being told they should be using flags, they're so hard to see that low down…by people who have, er, seen them, and presumably manage to see road markings, potholes and debris, those irritatingly non-high viz trees and animals…
If carrying two sets of traffic lights, red lights powered by a battery, can't get you seen, you're in trouble.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
As we all know, it's common to see folk on bikes on the roads after dark who inevitably wear dark clothing and have no lights on said bikes. This is something I'd be too scared to do in case of the inevitable. If as a driver, you had a collision with said cycle user, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd try and blame you for the event.
Or is it just me being too cautious - ?
^^^ problem solved! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom