1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Despicable' bike theft from paramedic in London

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes' started by classic33, 13 Jul 2016.

Tags:
  1. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Picture.jpg
    City of London police have issued a picture of man they suspect of stealing an ambulance service bicycle while a paramedic was treating a patient.

The theft occurred at about 14:40 BST on 23 June when the bicycle was outside offices near Fenchurch Street.

The suspect is described as white with short, fair hair and was wearing a blue quilted jacket over a purple T-shirt.

Det Con Dave Hughes described it as an "absolutely despicable theft" and urged any witnesses to get in touch.

London Ambulance Service Cycle Response Unit manager Tom Lynch said: "It's shocking that someone would steal from a paramedic who was busy treating a patient.

"This causes a lot of disruption to our service as there was a delay before they were able to get back out on duty.

"Our paramedics should be able to focus solely on their patients and not have to worry about someone stealing their equipment."

Det Con Dave Hughes added: "This is an absolutely despicable theft from a paramedic who was simply doing their job, travelling across the capital doing vital work helping people in need.

"If you have any information which can help us find the person responsible and return the bike, we urge you to get in touch."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36783077
    8 hours ago

2. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

At least the picture of the thief is nice and clear, hope they get the toerag.

HLaB and migrantwing like this.
  3. Booyaa

Booyaa Über Member

What a vile creature.

4. Drago

Drago Guru

What a scumbag.

5. Roadrider48

Roadrider48 Voice of the people

What the hell does he think he'll do with a paramedic bike?
    You can't exactly sell it!

6. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

This happened in the village that @Markymark lives in, surely he will recognise the culprit. Unless of course he has just got himself n+1?

7. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

Im sure the equipment on the bike is worth a few bob though. The bike itself will probably end up in regents canal somewhere

Paulus likes this.
  8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Just being pedantic.... at the moment the operative word is "suspected"

livpoksoc and Drago like this.
  9. Sara_H

Sara_H Guru

Looks like that picture was taken from the paramedics body cam.

10. Drago

Drago Guru

ill stick with scumbag.

11. Roadrider48

True enough.

12. I don't know (and the thief probably didn't know) but it's possible that the bike may have had some drugs on board. Prescription painkillers for instance, for which some people have a dependency and for which there may be an illicit market.

Paulus and Roadrider48 like this.
  13. RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube ~Tribanese~

Let me put it this way. People have stolen equipment from ambulances in the past because they know it sells for thousands. I dont think cycle paramedics are any different. They just carry less stuff which im sure most of which can be sold on the blackmarket. With that said. The thief in question could of been pretty drunk. We tend get a load of drunk poles and Romanians where i work in Holborn just down the road from where this incident took place

14. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

He looks more like a good ol' British 'smackhead' to me, plenty of those around stealing to fund their habit.

Gert Lush and keithmac like this.
  15. Roadrider48

Nope! I can't seem to see his country of origin written on his coat.
    Maybe it's me?