1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Despicable' bike theft from paramedic in London

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes' started by classic33, 13 Jul 2016.

Tags:
  1. Drago

Drago Throbbing Member

Hows that relevant?

2. Liz Su

Liz Su Senior Member

What do you suggest then to help stop these bikes getting stolen?

3. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Public spirit!

When the service is missing, then it'll be missed.

Drago likes this.
  4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

It is a response to this post of yours.

I just forgot to quote it.

Also FWIW I spent many evenings in a pub in the 80s drinking (after 'hours') with the CID team from one of the stations in Leicester (my girlfriends best mate was 'seeing' one of them) and some of their banter went well beyond the odd beating they dished out.
    I could elaborate but not in this thread, that thief deserves a good slap IMO.

Drago likes this.
  5. Drago

Drago Throbbing Member

I still don't see how its relevant Mr Nut. I was commenting on days when those who assaulted public servants tended to get more significant punishment. I hadn't made any comment about aggrieved public servants taking matters into their own hands, and hadn't even dreamed of suggesting that was a desirable state of affairs, so to invite me to defend something I hadn't even thought about just seemed a bit jarring.

As for me? Well, if I were minister for thieving scumbagery id chop their hands off. Stops repeat offending dead, and gives a strong incentive not to don the crime in then first place ;). Id then order them on a diet of soup, which they'd have to eat with chopsticks.

6. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

I just wish that public servants realised that is what they were but ho-hum, probably before your time though.

TinyMyNewt likes this.
  7. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

This and much stiffer sentencing until emergency services are considered sacrosanct.

8. Liz Su

Liz Su Senior Member

Public spirit!, its theft has just proven there is non. The courts wont legistlate specifically for the thefts of paramedic equiptment. A theft is a theft.

9. Drago

Drago Throbbing Member

its a good thing I'm not a public servant then.

I'm all for heavier sentencing for crimes of this nature, nothing more than that.

I'm not getting drawn into a discussion of police brutality in the 1980s because its irrelevant to this discussion and is a different topic entirely. I never even thought about it, much less mentioned it, so do not need to answer to you over the matter.

10. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

So you would prefer it that a paramedic who is there because there is an emergency wastes time trying to find somewhere to secure a bike?
    The courts don't legislate, Parliament makes the laws and the courts apply them. If Parliament says "Here's the sentences for assaults or other crimes against emergency services" the courts will apply them accordingly.

11. Liz Su

Liz Su Senior Member

So do you really think this is going to happen then? and when? I think your having a laugh or not very well.

12. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

And your proposal is what? Let people die?

FFS, they aren't this stupid in SC&P

13. Liz Su

Liz Su Senior Member

I'm not arguing with you any further, just go to the Doctors and get the help you need.

Last edited: 15 Jul 2016
  14. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

In your strange world my doctor is probably looking for a safe place to park his car rather than dealing with patients.

But don't worry there'll be no further conversations with you anyway.

Drago likes this.
  15. TinyMyNewt

TinyMyNewt An execrable pun

Vic Reeves handbags.jpg

raleighnut likes this.