di2 Shifting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
bloody hell all this sounds like something I would expect to find on the latest motorbike. More flasher than my slipper clutch and quick shifters :wacko:

You should see the new Dura-Ace Di2 - it has fully synchronised shifting, so you can use just the right hand shifter and it will select the optimum front/rear combo as you shift up and down.

You should see the new Dura-Ace Di2 - it has fully synchronised shifting, so you can use just the right hand shifter and it will select the optimum front/rear combo as you shift up and down.

And here's me looking to buy a Whyte Saxon cross and thinking the step towards single front chain rings was me getting all advanced :blush:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I watched the online presentation a few days ago. It does look brilliant.
I was going to look at buying SRAM red Etap, but I may very well wait for this.

User269

Ok so i think i've figured it out. Think it was just a case of the battery was very low. Guessing either there wasn't enough power in the system to send the signal or more likely operate the motor. I've charged the battery and now it seems ok again. Heading out on a 50 miler tomorrow so will test and see whats what. I was wondering if this could be feature to warn the rider when out on a ride to let you know if the battery is dying. It kind of make sense to warn the rider that if you don't charge the system soon your going to be stuck in a single gear all the way home. By doing a double click on the particular gears it was could be the difference between being stuck in a super easy or super hard gear rather than a manageable one. Just a thought?

To check battery status do this.
To adjust do this.
The front changer will stop working when the battery is almost flat, otherwise di2 works the same as mechanical; select any gear you like, even your biggest chainring and biggest sprocket and it will work, albeit with some noisy chain rub.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
To check battery status do this.
To adjust do this.
The front changer will stop working when the battery is almost flat, otherwise di2 works the same as mechanical; select any gear you like, even your biggest chainring and biggest sprocket and it will work, albeit with some noisy chain rub.
I don't get any chain rub small -small or big-big

Top Bottom