Diary of a smoker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It’s easy to give up, I have done it loads of times. The last time was over 25 years ago.

On a serious note,

My brother in law has terminal cancer caused by smoking; he was in a hospice but decided he wanted to spend his last Christmas at home. Every time the phone rings we brace ourselves for bad news.

One of the best laws passed in this country was to ban smoking in enclosed public spaces!
Sorry to hear that, but I must point out that while smoking is more likely to make you contact cancer the exact cause in an individual can never be determined.

Non- smokers get all the same diseases smokers do, not in the same number but they still happen.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Sorry to hear that, but I must point out that while smoking is more likely to make you contact cancer the exact cause in an individual can never be determined.

Non- smokers get all the same diseases smokers do, not in the same number but they still happen.

Is there a local sandpit where I can bury my bonce by any chance?

Yours in denial,

O. strich

His oncologist seemed to think that his heavy smoking habit was the cause of cancer

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
Interesting.

Which bit of what I wrote isn't true, or did you actually read it properly?

Dear Clint,

It is unlikely you and I will agree on this subject.

However which bit of your post is designed to support Pete in his effort to give up smoking? You are implying that he may get cancer anyway, this is true, but by giving up smoking Pete is improving his chances of having better health. Your post is side-stepping this FACT.

Did you intend that Bay Runner would find some solace in your comment.

For these reasons I feel entitled to have a humorous dig at you.

For yourself smoking is a matter of personal choice but I do not think you should advocate this for others in the face of the indisputable facts - viz SMOKING IS A KILLER.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
He certainly is improving his chances of avoiding cancer and good luck to him, but it doesn't alter what I wrote.

Is that a butt from a Dunhill in your avatar?

Rural halfwit

well I've stopped buying them lol! yep i've quit, different things work for different people,tried the patch, spray didn't work..I have an electric ciggy that is okay but th water thing worked the best for the first few days just to stop the craving..I find it is certain situations such as the drive to work..

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
well I've stopped buying them lol! yep i've quit, different things work for different people,tried the patch, spray didn't work..I have an electric ciggy that is okay but th water thing worked the best for the first few days just to stop the craving..I find it is certain situations such as the drive to work..

cleaned and hoovered the car this morning, no ash on the seats and smells better, so hopefully wont be tempted driving.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
congrats to all those who are trying to give up. It's a friggin' disgusting habit :whistle:^_^

Keep at it, I know it's a tough thing to do.

But think of the many positives.
No more bad breath, stinky clothes or stinky house (if you smoke indoors). You lungs will thank you, your body will thank you. Your sense of smell and taste will return. And you will save money.

It can only be a good thing.

Top Bottom