Did my 1st 50 mile bike ride today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
As the title says, I did my 1st 50 mile bike ride today, nice and quiet on the roads,
My plan was to take it easy for the 1st 30 miles and not burn my self out as I have done before.

I had plotted the route in my head, so I knew where I was going,(I am a delivery driver, so I know the manchester area very well) I made sure I had some biscuits and a drink with me.

I did 50.1 miles in 3 hours 16 minutes with a average speed of 15.3mph and that included a few category 4 hills.

strava.jpg

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well done mate. Now for the 100k, then 100 miles!

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Well done you!!:bravo:
It looks an 'interesting' route, I wouldn't do that route at any time other than a Sunday morning lol.
Maybe try going out towards Milnrow/Littleborough and coming back through Saddleworth. A bit lumpier, admittedly, but much nicer scenery;)
Where are you going for the 75 miler ^_^

OP
OP
paul04

paul04

Über Member
Well done mate. Now for the 100k, then 100 miles!

Will do a couple more 50 milers, then maybe the next target is 100k

Well done you!!:bravo:
It looks an 'interesting' route, I wouldn't do that route at any time other than a Sunday morning lol.
Maybe try going out towards Milnrow/Littleborough and coming back through Saddleworth. A bit lumpier, admittedly, but much nicer scenery;)
Where are you going for the 75 miler ^_^

Next weekend I want to ride over to hollingworth lake,(about 20 miles from my house) then maybe in a couple of weeks tackle some of those hills around Milnrow/Littleborough.

well done

Thank you :smile:

flissh

Well done. I have been trying to increase my distance, it's great feeling when you go that bit further. Not managed 50 yet. What was you furthest before today?

OP
OP
paul04

paul04

Über Member
Well done. I have been trying to increase my distance, it's great feeling when you go that bit further. Not managed 50 yet. What was you furthest before today?

I did 43 miles a few weeks ago. So I knew I could do a few more miles and get to 50.
well done bro

Well done, quite fast too! :bravo:

I picked a route which was quite flat (ish) for the last 15 miles so I knew I could maintain a good speed, and my legs would not give up

What do you mean a category 4 hill? What all this about categories? Sounds like you did it in a decent time. I did a couple of 50 milers but I stop for half hour or so for a meal. No idea what my average was.

Top Bottom