Did you hate the Charge Spoon too? If so what do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geekinaseat

Hey Everyone,

I've had a Charge Spoon for a while and really don't get on with it, I know saddles are a very personal choice but I'm hoping to narrow down my options by asking those who also didn't enjoy spoon induced bum pain what they have found success with...

I've heard Fizik are favoured by some who don't like the Spoon but I was looking for something under £50 if at all possible but I guess if there is unanimous advice I should probably invest!

Kies

Fizik Arione

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Specialized toupe suits me, have a charge on the commuter alright for short rides, tried Fizik Arione did not rate that one, as said before you need to try before you buy, there are a few shops where you can do that, it's a case of shopping around.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Fizik Arione
Are they under £50 ? I don't get on with mine but still trying to break it in . Its taking A LOT of breaking in !
Selle Italia SLR team edition , now that's nice but still not £50 . Not that I have seen anyway as im after another one .

OP
OP
geekinaseat

geekinaseat

Specialized toupe suits me, have a charge on the commuter alright for short rides, tried Fizik Arione did not rate that one, as said before you need to try before you buy, there are a few shops where you can do that, it's a case of shopping around.

Yeah I also find the Charge ok for short (probably less than 20 mile) rides but any longer than that and I'm struggling.

I'll definitely shop around but I'm hoping to get a shortlist from people who, like me, lack the love for the spoon

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I have just fitted a Charge Spoon to my MTB, it isn't perfect but OK for the short rides to work…it makes my jeans ride up a bit as well lol

Kies

Are they under £50 ? I don't get on with mine but still trying to break it in . Its taking A LOT of breaking in !
Selle Italia SLR team edition , now that's nice but still not £50 . Not that I have seen anyway as im after another one .

I bought mine for £50 off a parish member :-)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arione saddles have very radical changes of shape from front to back and are longer than most saddles. I thought my first one was really uncomfortable when I first fitted it but decided that thousands of fans can't be wrong so I persevered.

I discovered that the Arione's setback and angle are critical for my comfort and they were not what I thought I should use when I bought the saddle.

Now I know how to set Arione saddles up to suit me, I find them very comfortable. I have them on 2 of my 3 bikes.

The 3rd bike has a Specialized saddle with a cutout and that is pretty comfy too when set up properly.

OP
OP
geekinaseat

geekinaseat

List so far

Try:
Fizik Arione (Although expensive)
Specialized Toupe
Selle Italia SLR team (Expensive/Hard to find)

Avoid:
Fizik Alliante (Too similar)
Sellotape and 9 inches of Angle Iron (although it's so crazy it just might work)

OP
OP
geekinaseat

geekinaseat

Arione saddles have very radical changes of shape from front to back and are longer than most saddles. I thought my first one was really uncomfortable when I first fitted it but decided that thousands of fans can't be wrong so I persevered.

I discovered that the Arione's setback and angle are critical for my comfort and they were not what I thought I should use when I bought the saddle.

Now I know how to set Arione saddles up to suit me, I find them very comfortable. I have them on 2 of my 3 bikes.

The 3rd bike has a Specialized saddle with a cutout and that is pretty comfy too when set up properly.

Thanks really useful :smile:

Top Bottom