Dilemma: Raleigh Strada 62cm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems a shame as it looks like it would polish up into a nice bike .
I can ride a 25 inch bike with the saddle down as far as it will go , I'm about 5' 10", must have longer legs to body. A Raleigh Triathlon Criterium and a Dawes Shadow.
If the bike was priced at a level at which it would be uneconomical for it to be bought to be stripped and sold on as individual parts may become a way, but it would limit the market and also appear in the "Your having a Giraffe " thread. So we are also partly to blame .
It does look like it would look good cleaned up and would get admiring comments. It certainly looks prettier than my Dawes Shadow! Sadly I don't need another bike as I have a garage bursting with them .

Does it say A350 Ensemble on the downtube ?

If so that's the road past here to Poole in Dorset !

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Does it say A350 Ensemble on the downtube ?

If so that's the road past here to Poole in Dorset !

It does! The bike's an odd one; all the nice kit as per the Raleigh 1989 brochure, decent wheels, etc. but far too big for most people.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I'm very hesitant to strip an original bike and sell as parts so might stick an advert here and Retrobike rather than eBay.

It does! The bike's an odd one; all the nice kit as per the Raleigh 1989 brochure, decent wheels, etc. but far too big for most people.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I'm very hesitant to strip an original bike and sell as parts so might stick an advert here and Retrobike rather than eBay.
I was wondering if you cleaned it up and rode it around or to your race meetings that it might attract interest . Sometimes seeing a nice bike and finding out that it is for sale can sometimes end in a sale .
I agree with you about stripping it . I spend quite a bit and time reversing that process.

Top Bottom