Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I got 6th level too, Classic is a relative angel in these parts ;)

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
I just found this topic today.
I got to page 5 and having managed not to gnaw my hands to stumps in order to prevent me reading more mind numbing drivel (that means you disabled rider) I thought FFS get to the last page and see if its still going on, and I found some talk of curses and going to hell..

What happened? Can anyone succinctly (that means not you disabled rider) explain
A) what they were on about it the first place
B) were they really just trolling?
C) have we blocked him now anyway, just in case?

Cheers. Anyone who has stuck with it for the duration has more patience than me.

If I did that 'are you going to hell' questionnaire I think some of my answers would have changed after all this guff.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I just found this topic today.
I got to page 5 and having managed not to gnaw my hands to stumps in order to prevent me reading more mind numbing drivel (that means you disabled rider) I thought FFS get to the last page and see if its still going on, and I found some talk of curses and going to hell..

What happened? Can anyone succinctly (that means not you disabled rider) explain
A) what they were on about it the first place
B) were they really just trolling?
C) have we blocked him now anyway, just in case?

Cheers. Anyone who has stuck with it for the duration has more patience than me.

If I did that 'are you going to hell' questionnaire I think some of my answers would have changed after all this guff.
How to sum up this thread in a few words? I'll try.

I don't think Disabled Rider is a troll, I think he honestly believes that the world is out to get him. The gist of what he was after is that he feels unsafe on the road to the point where he believes he will be knocked down and killled if he uses it and therefore he rides on the pavement (sidewalk over there). Unfortunately this is not legal in the US just as in Britain and following a complaint, the local police have asked him not to do it. He felt discriminated against because of this and having been thrown off 3 (or possibly 4?) other forums we ended up with the rant here.

We didn't agree with his view and Disabled Rider appears to have gone off in a strop. Since then everyone else has been larking about. The curses result from the thread getting up to post 666 (number of the beast) and we are now aiming for post 799.2 (tax accountant of the beast apparently:laugh:).

That's it so far I think. :thumbsup:

gary in derby

are we there yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom