Dish washer or washing up ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheKay

Über Member
Washing up... means it gets done properly.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Try putting a flour sieve in a dishwasher - you will be shocked at how filthy it was.
If you can't wash up properly. But such people probably won't empty the crap trap in the dishwasher until it's really minging either.

Also, take care doing that because wooden-handle sieves are mostly not dishwasher-safe. Surprisingly the Joseph Joseph sieve from their stacking range isn't either - very odd when the rest of the range is.

Dishwasher:
Cheaper
Easier
More hygienic
More effective
Cheaper: 10p/wash for dishwasher (Tesco All in One Lemon 30s), or 1.6p/wash for washing-up (Sainsbury's Ultimate Lemon 500ml, 10ml/wash)?
Easier: debatable.
More hygenic: care to explain?
More effective: seems absurd, because you can't get cleaner than clean and, like I noted, the sort of person who won't wash up effectively probably won't use a dishwasher effectively either.

vickster

Legendary Member
There are only 2 of us
We have 12 plates etc so enough to fill etc

When one broke I only lasted 1 day before going out to get one

When I went in the shop I just said I will buy anyone as long as you can deliver it today!
You had to get a plate delivered :wacko:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Never seen the point of them. There was one in a holiday cottage we once rented and used it for novelty value. Noticed it had taken the pattern off the tea mugs which were same as mine at home minus their pattern, yet failed to properly clean curry pans. Thus, it (excessively and damagingly), cleaned the stuff that was easy to wash up by hand but didn't actually clean anything dirty which you had to hand scrub anyway. Likewise in another holiday cottage someone put my good knife in the washere slighlty damaging the handle and totally trashing the edge which needed 20 mins to re-sharpen. And at home my super duper copper saucepans mustn't be dishwashed apart from my good knives.

Total waste of time - even if they actually worked and didn't ruin your good stuff and fail to clean amything dirty, by the time you've loaded and unloaded it you may as well have done the washing up by hand

We dumped the one that came with our current house as a cupboard was clearly more use.

Top Bottom