Divorce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Broughtonblue
What a dick I am, just listened to 'please don't go' by kc and the sunshine band, this mixed with alcohol has left me feeling very bad at the mo, uncontrollable waterworks from the eye department.

MarkF

Guru
The cheeky sod has just asked if I will give her and her mate a lift into town later to save on taxi fares!

That made me laugh, er sorry. ^_^

I've just come off an A&E shift, believe me I've seen people with worse problems than you tonight, every shift really, not that that thought will help you right now.

That's the thing, a pokey two bedroom flat!!!
Will cost about £500 a month, my mortgage at the mo is only £300 going backwards at this time of my life, this should be the time I enjoy life, instead it's a total disaster,

This has happened to 2 close friends, both at 50, the women were calling the shots, but at least they, and your wife, are being honest. It's game over. One (childless) pal clammed up, withdrew and is now clinically depressed and lonely, well on his way to oddness. The other suffered more, he lost his wife, 2 kids and the house, he was left with about 15% of your potential £60k. After the initial shock months, he moved on, took up hobbies to increase his social circle and met another woman, as you do/will. I saw him last night, we played 5-a-side (at 52!), he looked great and has a new life now with a very nice woman. Good luck. :smile:

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mate, go and and tell your kid now. You need some moral support. I bet he's guessed anyway. Course he has . As said above , bet your kids are more resilient anyway. You will feel a weight lifted if you tell him.

classic33

Leg End Member
I try to make an effort to get my head down, somwhere around half 3 ish, for appearances sake as much as anything.
There's no hope for me on that one, so no need to bother.

I think he may have gone, 3/4 hour since he was last seen. Hopefully got his head down for some sleep.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Deep dispair, totally low, at least she is back safe, good thing for me anyway

Stephenite

Membå
I haven't read through all the posts here, buddy. I wish you all the best. It is a very hard thing you are going through. Your head isn't making the best decisions at the moment because of the emotional turmoil. I have been in a similar situation. Not married, but gf of many years suddenly decided to split up, out of the blue. I was totally devasted, blubbering all over the place for days - at work, in crowded public places, anywhere and anytime. And, i'm not small either, so nobody came near me. I was a total effing mess for ages. But, it doesn't have to be like this for you.

People are the best thing ever. Your sons are your best friends. Tell them what's happening to you. It's total bollocks to keep them out of the groove. My dad told me he and my mam were splitting up weeks after i had come to terms with it. But i was 30, not 20. Even though, kids aren't stupid. And besides that you need their support and love. You need as much love and support as you can get right now.

I got as far as @buggi 's early post about getting the financial things in order, etc, and some of the responses to it. @buggi 's post (don't know her by the way) makes sense.

I think this could be the making of you. Hard as it may sound.

Grown up children, 48 years-old, some capital, seeking adventure!

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
It's ok everyone saying they are young adults but the question is still ...... Where will they live? I'm Their dad ffs, it's what dads do, take care of them and I can't do it

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
I know it's wrong but whilst walking round I've just found one of her tops that smells of her scent, gonna go back bed and give that a cuddle to see if I can get more sleep, it's either that or the vodka that I went downstairs for, I'm actually thinking of drinking at 5:05 in the morning, where did that come from? I'm totally fecked up now

Top Bottom