DIY again, fitting curved acrylic bath panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Our advice after having fitted a P shaped bath? Don't - go conventional. P shaped uses too much water on the rare occasions when you do want a bath.
Roflol you know after the bother I had with our bath it's too bloody narrow to lay comfortable in it lol

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

The tiling for the bath is now complete. The tiler is coming back just to grout around the sink, but I have noticed that he has not yet put silicon around the bath where the tiles meet the bath. I believe this should be done and should be done by the tiler, what does everyone else think?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The tiling for the bath is now complete. The tiler is coming back just to grout around the sink, but I have noticed that he has not yet put silicon around the bath where the tiles meet the bath. I believe this should be done and should be done by the tiler, what does everyone else think?
There should have been an L shaped rubber/plastic seal fitted underneath the tiles. You can silicon seal there but it is nowhere near as good as water can get behind it.

similar to this
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...x.com/&usg=AFQjCNGX6T6jiyXkWUyd7UIgXpyDuSmWEw
in fact that is what I'd use in a professional installation.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Silicone is fine as long as it's done right.
1. Ensure gap is no bigger that 4mm.
2. Fill bath full with water
3. Apply silicone and let it cure.
4. Release water.
As long as the rim of the bath is Dry or the silicone will not stick. DAMHIKT :cursing:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Still maintain that in no way will i fit another curved bath or P shaped for that matter. Normal bath from now on, one I don`t have to dig the wall out to fit ! Anyway i`ve moved onto kitchen installs , that is a ball ache as well. :biggrin:

subaqua

What’s the point
Proper
Planning and preparation
Prevents
Pi55
Poor
Projects

Simples

Nothing difficult about most work on homes. It's just too many people go into it without a plan and that's how things go badly wrong.

Top Bottom