Do I come across as arrogant?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

BentMikey said:
OK, Jy is 'n doos! ;)

Hmmm. Bablelfish didn't quite work with that one!

buggi

Bird Saviour
at least let us know what forum it is so we can all go over and stick up for you.

feck them magnotom. if i had a camera on my helmet and video'd some of the sh*t that happened to me and the way i reacted... it's a lot worse than the way you do. i'm like a screaming banshee when i catch up wiv em. should of seen me the other day, having a stand off with a coach driver, who on numerous occasions has nearly had me off, holding up two lanes of traffic LOL. needless to say, he ain't driven anywhere near as close to me again.

like has been said, i bet none of em would have the balls to say it your face, especially Mr Plod. in fact, i'd get back on there and tell him that if he cannot substantiate his claims, he better apologise or you'll be contacting his force to tell them that he has publicly stated he is out to get you and has been libel'ess against you (i don't know how to spell that but you know what i mean).

i mean, if a copper can put on a public forum that if he had the chance he'd knock you off and kill you, how the hell are the rest of em gonna treat us.

you could, of course, just go back on their and start taking the mick, and that will REALLY wind them up.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
magnatom said:
Hmmm. Bablelfish didn't quite work with that one!

Good thing too, it's very rude! Only to be used between friends. ;)

Seriously, don't give a toss about the idiots on bloodbus. It's just a load of upset hot air. Fair enough that you feel a bit bad because the drivers had consequences for their actions as a result of your videos and complaints. I also feel bad about the drivers on the phone I complained about.

On the other hand, just imagine if a driver got away with it and then killed someone later? I think you're a star for your actions, and I think you'll have done their driving standards a world of good. When people know there are consequences they will change their behaviour. I'll bet that for each driver that got disciplined, there are 20 more who now drive more carefully than they did before.

That one comment about a schoolboy tattletale had a very strong impact on me - it just proves to me quite how wrong and immature the attitude is, and that you did exactly the right thing. I'm quite uncomfortable with someone of that level of maturity being given the responsibility of driving a 10 tonne bus, personally.

buggi

Bird Saviour
at least let us know what forum it is so we can all go over and stick up for you.

feck them magnotom. if i had a camera on my helmet and video'd some of the sh*t that happened to me and the way i reacted... it's a lot worse than the way you do. i'm like a screaming banshee when i catch up wiv em. should of seen me the other day, having a stand off with a coach driver, who on numerous occasions has nearly had me off, holding up two lanes of traffic LOL. needless to say, he ain't driven anywhere near as close to me again.

like has been said, i bet none of em would have the balls to say it your face, especially Mr Plod. in fact, i'd get back on there and tell him that if he cannot substantiate his claims, he better apologise or you'll be contacting his force to tell them that he has publicly stated he is out to get you and has been libel'ess against you (i don't know how to spell that but you know what i mean).

i mean, if a copper can put on a public forum that if he had the chance he'd knock you off and kill you, how the hell are the rest of em gonna treat us.

we could, of course, all just go on there and start taking the mick, and that will REALLY wind them up. ;)

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think you should make a formal request to the bloodbus forum admin for the identity of the drink driver accusation on the basis of a libel action, and insist on it or a full apology from the forum and from her. That'll put the shoots up them.

Bear in mind that the accuser has the burden of proof to show that you're a drink driver. You don't have to prove anything.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Patrick Stevens said:
Let me be of assistance Madam. ;) It's:

"has libelled you."

you learn something new everyday!

bonj2

You're not arrogant, no. More, erm, ... how shall I put it - militant, I would say, but not arrogant no. And usually correct which is the main thing.

Regarding this,
it would appear that I am the cause of one driver getting the sack and one (who is posting on the forum) getting a disciplinary record, despite, as he puts it, 'the company admitted that I had done no wrong'.
This is totally ridiculous. Even if it is true,

a) Who is the company to decide that he/she had 'done no wrong'? For you to think it was worth reporting, you must have felt intimidated or endangered by the bus. Therefore to say the bus had done 'no wrong' isn't for the company to say.

xx( Even if true that he/she had 'done no wrong', then it isn't your fault that the company still chooses to sack the driver. Again, no-one in their right mind would, or should, suspect you of taking a minor mistake that wasn't dangerous and then inflating it and making it out to be dangerous, because that would be just spiteful, and there would be no point in you doing it, so allegations that you are doing this are completely unfounded.

c) If an incident/altercation/manoevre occurs that is 'just a simple mistake' that is dangerous anyway, possiblydue to the fact the potential for danger is amplified due to it being such a large vehicle, then I'm sorry but that means that such simple mistakes cannot be tolerated - not that it should be overlooked because he 'needs to keep his job 'cos he's got a wife and kids'. I'd rather kids go hungry than someone killed or injured.

They will try and whip up anger amongst their own ilk, this is inevitable. Most of it will probably be lies, possibly including the fact that one of them is a policeman.

buggi

Bird Saviour
and if the company admitted he did not wrong and then sacked him, would they not be leaving themselves open to took to a tribunal for unfair dismissal? therefore, i doubt the company told him they thought he'd done no wrong.

You’re not arrogant – but, if I had to make any comments regarding your Youtube videos then the only “problem” with them is that, because you’ve been cycling, and in most circumstances, treated like sh1t, you sound a little out of breath and “desperate” – for want of a better word (although, compared to the bollocking rants I sometimes have with idiot drivers, you sound very in control).
I always remember during the miner’s strike, the strikers, trade unionists and supporting mp’s would often be interviewed outside, on the picket line, so would have to shout to be heard above the wind & rain and other noise, while the government, police and the rest would be interviewed indoors, at a desk. The establishment would therefore appear to come over as more reasonable and in control than the shouting windswept “lefties”. You, my friend, are often competing with roaring engines, other road and weather noises, no to mention your lungs working overtime, and I think this can all add up to make your words come over as a little less credible.
To the average person, presumably sitting at a quiet desk, you appear to be shouting and “out of control” – I know you’re not, (well maybey to get over the noise) but that’s how you possibly come over to many people.
Don’t know what editing software you use, but if I were you, I’d take the sound out unless vital to the clip – then use text when possible – in most cases the pictures tell the story on their own.
Also, while I’m at it, I wouldn’t ask drivers if they have read cyclecraft,- I doubt very much that any more than 1% of people in UK have heard of it, let alone read it– I’d just ask them if they realised how much space they gave you or simply ask if they saw you…etc

Blimy – sounds like a right slating – but please take the above in the manner it is meant – ie some positive and constructive criticisms of what are generally excellent examples of the kind of poor driving standards that most of us have to put up with from time to time.

Good luck

Arch

Married to Night Train
TwickenhamCyclist said:
Also, while I’m at it, I wouldn’t ask drivers if they have read cyclecraft,- I doubt very much that any more than 1% of people in UK have heard of it, let alone read it– I’d just ask them if they realised how much space they gave you or simply ask if they saw you…

I reckon asking some of them if they've read the Highway Code would be a start.

Top Bottom