Do I really need a MTB??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

Zoiders

It takes MTB tyres as well because it's a rigid MTB.

I will be honest I say I hate most lumpy 700 wheel hybrids from the lower end of the ranges, the forks tend to be rubbish if they are suspension and they don't take a full size 2" off road tyre either.

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

Screenshot2011-09-18at190821.png

Cubist

Still wavin'
Don't be a twunt and make personal attacks.

It's a cycling forum.
He's not. Mimixx said specifically that she doesn't like the subway. She's trying to make an informed choice, and you blunder in and say "Get the subway" We know it's a decent bike if that's what you like, but she says she doesn't.

Mimixx, have a look at Cube Nature range. They have some shorter travel forks designed to soak up bumps and buzz etc. If your budget will stretch the Curve is lovely. Comes in women specific design if you like it.
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cube-curve-womens-item164437.html

Cubist

Still wavin'
What is your budget? These are lovely, but dearer
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cube-nature-womens-item164446.html

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

oh my, welcome Cubist :hello: you have risen greatly into my estimate !

I LOVE Cube Bikes but there is a tiny particular, over my budget and none in stock (however irrelevant) but thank you very much for your impressive suggestion :smile:

Want to spend the least I can get away with! MAX 400 for a very nice looking bike!

OP
OP
xxmimixx

xxmimixx

I was offering an honest opinion as I really do believe the OP would be best served without a hybrid.

He was being snidey and jumping on the band wagon as an excuse to have go, no need for that all.

I appreciate that Z but just so to remove any shadow of doubt to all readers who might have missed the hint

I
AM
NEVER
EVER
FOR
AS
LONG
AS
I
SHALL
LIVE
GOING
TO
LOOK AT
THINK ABOUT
BUY
RIDE
BORROW
RENT
A
CARRERA
SUBWAY
BIKE

I never felt so strong about a bike like this before, I think I might need some counseling now.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I was offering an honest opinion as I really do believe the OP would be best served without a hybrid.

He was being snidey and jumping on the band wagon as an excuse to have go, no need for that all.
So sorry to have offended you. Clearly somebody who rides mainly on roads with a little bit of gentle of road thrown in needs a MTB they don't like. Now it makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom