Do I really need a MTB??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I have just see this what does everyone think, could be a bargain...was in the £460 value brackets so components / forks / brakes shouldnt be too poor??

A friend of mine has one of those in black, she loves it... looks gorgeous, nice and curvy like a girls bike should be :thumbsup:

Cyclist33

I've got the men's Quick 3 (around £700) and it is excellent for the price - light, nimble and relaxed. It is very short to sit on although the wheelbase is normal enough, but maybe look at one size up from what you were expecting... They do a women's model too with a slightly lower crossbar etc. To be honest the men's one is quite, er, curvaceous and low-slung anyway. Anyway... I assume you mean the one with a carbon fork and no suspension? That's what I've got. It's really a roadster but with plenty of space for wider tyres - I got a pair of knobbly tyres as an off-road set when I bought the bike.

Note - the stock tyes - whilst great - on the Quick 3 are rated as 32mm width but are actually 25mm when measured, so sharper riding but less comfy. And not especially light but no punctures so far this year touchwood. The Quick 4, when I looked at it, had I think either 32mm or 37mm tyres with a bit of tread, made by Kenda, and while slower, it was a lot softer to ride. That was about £500 I think.

One small issue with the carbon-forked Quick, I have managed to knock the front wheel out of true when taking it off road once, but to be honest it was a slightly rougher ride than what you described. But if you are thinking about the Quick CX (which you didn't say), I should think that would be more than tough enough for most jobs.

I've just done 43 miles tonight on the road but with a short section of inoffensive dusty track, and no problems, just floated over it really. On the road-tyres.

Chucking another one in the mix, my sister has just bought a Giant Escape 3 W, which has a ladies' step-over crossbar, although I believe they do one with a higher crossbar too. It's a great bike, cost £300, very comfy, steel forks and pretty light. Seems indestructible. Nice colour options....

Cheers

Stu

Top Bottom