Do intercoms for cyclist exist (at sensible prices) ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Speaking to a friend who I cycle with we were saying how useful it would be to have a lightweight method of communicating while on the move. We always ride single file and its very difficult to hear.
I have googled it and seen some at £100s:wacko:
Is anyone aware of an inexpensive system?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
For chatting throughout or for occasional "where the chuff are you?" use?

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
When with the wife, we use hands free kits and I phone her before we set off. When we stop for a bite to eat I charge our phones with my laptop.

Custom24

Über Member
This is something that motorcyclists do use. I think they call it "bike-to-bike" rather than simply "rider-to-pillion" systems, which are also available.

I am not a motorcyclist myself, so best of luck with your search. I remember that Lidl/Aldi had some in a while back.

I did find this.
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/IntercomFAQ.htm

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
For chatting throughout or for occasional "where the chuff are you?" use?
Well.............as an when needed really e.g. to point out potholes, "where the chuff are you", "b^%$y hell that wind is strong" sort of thing :smile:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
It sounds like you're after a PMR radio (with a slight TMN to Drago). Maplins it your friend here, although other online suppliers are available.

I ride with someone who's partially deaf and we're considering getting a set to make general communication on the bikes a bit easier for our next tour. VOX seems to be the way to go as you don't need to press buttons to send, but I've no direct experience beyond the bit of research that I've done recently.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We have similar for the boat. Useful at locks, where you need your hands free but need to be able to communicate.
Yep. Used 'em, well similar, on narrowboats.

Useful when mtb'ing and you drop your riding buddy on the downhills. But not quite so useful if those downhills are on real mountains cos the terrain really affects performance.

Top Bottom