Do not eat raw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only last night I was showing my daughter the delights of eating frozen peas.
She enjoyed them but this may have to stop!
Is your daughter by any chance a duck?

Once hired a felucca to spend the afternoon sailing up and down the Nile. Got in and the guy doing the sailing produced a bottle of water and asked if we'd like a cup of tea. So we sat drinking funny-tasting tea, watching the dead dogs and camels and the human waste drifting past, and the people on the banks defecating and urinating straight into the river. The smell was that of an open sewer. The guy doing the sailing dipped his bottle into the river to fill it up again and asked if we'd like another cup of tea.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I’ve helped run trailers for the pea harvest round here. Very delicate operation. Harvest at night to keep cool, ideally and our target was under 30 minutes to the freezer factory. There is a fair bit of insecticide chucked at commercial peas too. Pretty intensive crop for a not particularly interesting flavour really. Just saying’....You know that feeling when you are going to post and think it might be off topic....
Eh :ohmy: Peas are bloody loverly!!!:wub:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Once hired a felucca to spend the afternoon sailing up and down the Nile. Got in and the guy doing the sailing produced a bottle of water and asked if we'd like a cup of tea. So we sat drinking funny-tasting tea, watching the dead dogs and camels and the human waste drifting past, and the people on the banks defecating and urinating straight into the river. The smell was that of an open sewer. The guy doing the sailing dipped his bottle into the river to fill it up again and asked if we'd like another cup of tea.
I’ve had a similar experience in Egypt in the Nike Delta. once a donkey dies it gets shoved into the nearest ditch.
My guide stopped at a roadside vendor for a drink. It was a grey mash of sugarcane and water in a big drum.
They dipped a tin cup in, gave it to the customer who drank the brew, gave it back unwashed and it was dipped back in the barrel.
Every cell in my body was telling me no, but trying to be polite I had a cup.
And I lived to tell the tale.

Oh, Egypt. In the Hilton Hotel, Cairo, I asked for a cup of tea without sugar. A glass of tea was served with about 1 cm of sugar in the bottom and a thick trail of sugar up the side of the glass to the rim. When I told the waiter I didn't want sugar he took the hump (no pun intended) and said it wasn't my sugar but the previous customer's.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I always thought that eating raw pork was a bad idea because of the risk of catching worms. Is that true?
EDIT: I just looked it up. Roundworms and tapeworms apparently.

Phew. Thank god I never had those

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I always thought that eating raw pork was a bad idea because of the risk of catching worms. Is that true?
EDIT: I just looked it up. Roundworms and tapeworms apparently.
I went to a wedding in Spain where we were served rare pork steak.
none of the British guests ate it. But the Spanish didn’t seem bothered.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Same here. I was a right tomboy so was out playing making gang huts, rope swings, guddling for trout in the local burn (stream). Not sure I even washed my hands before I came in for my lunch. :laugh:
Then you reached 40 years of age and things changed ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
I opened a box of dishwasher tablets yesterday and the 'instructions' said NOT TO BE EATEN
Good job I read that then :rolleyes:

Top Bottom