Do you carry a weapon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Attacked by an animal? How dangerous are these rabbits and squirrels? Someone should inform with great haste the DailyMail!!!!!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yeah, these
i-love-my-bike-tattoo-on-knuckles.jpg

:cursing::boxing:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Is that because you can't leave your house, you know, cos you've got a f*&^ing wild boar hanging off your bike??

Don't be silly.

It could be on a leash...

vickster

Legendary Member
When cycling at night or on a dark trail. Just in case you get attacked by an animal or somebody.
Well err no because it's a) illegal and b) bloody daft in SW London (I am not riding across the Serengeti)...I suppose in extremis I could use a mini pump, multi tool or tyre lever (assuming I was riding "equipped" ) or just cycle faster than the animal (in a zig zag of course if it were an alligator lol)

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3156002, member: 259"]Ivor Cutler used to recommend carrying two small pebbles, which you could insert in the animal's nostrils if you were attacked by a leopard.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it risky getting that close to a leopard? Or do you also need to carry a couple of McDonalds straws to use as blow pipes and hope your aim is spot on. I reckon if you hit a leopard between the eyes with a pebble, it may get miffed! :biggrin:

Top Bottom