Do you carry a weapon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There's this great thing called google ;)
Yeah, but what did you type in to find that?

HovR

Über Member
This thread is actually refreshing and the way that weapons are looked at with cynicism and humour is brilliant.

It is however much darker and sinister in the US

A typical US cycling forum thread for the same topic would have discussed the best gun, best concealed way of carrying and the best ammunition!

Lets stick to fruit and similar

I'm yet to watch the video, but in many areas of the states self defence can be a valid concern whilst riding a bike. I wouldn't want to be left to fend off a bear/cougar/coyote/wolf with a mini-pump.

I'm yet to watch the video, but in many areas of the states self defence can be a valid concern whilst riding a bike. I wouldn't want to be left to fend off a bear/cougar/coyote/wolf with a mini-pump.

You might stand a chance with a Renn Kompressor though!

The problem for me is that the US Forums are very light on animal threats in the discussion

frosti

I get my former partner to run in front of me when I ride. In the event of a threat she simply sucks the life out of them and takes most of their possessions, while simultaneously getting a bit fat.

Actually reading that I realised that I do carry a weapon!

On a recumbent a fast rotating front chainwheel does some damage if you run into it......

ayceejay

Guru
Do you carry a weapon - or are you just pleased to see me.
I overheard this at The Old Wild Boar in Chipping Sodbury when the Polish cycling team were in, they just smiled and said they were poles.

ayceejay

Guru
A couple of years back I posted a video from a US forum that showed three cyclists having a row with an old geezer in a pick up that ended with him reaching for the rifle hung behind his seat (a common site).

Di Di

Doesn't that Bear Grylls tell you to stick a tube up yer bum in an emergency.

Reckon that will work.

If someone wouldn't mind trying it and reporting back. There's a love.

Top Bottom