Do you cycle everyday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anonymous1502

Do you cycle everyday or do you have rest days in-between? If you do cycle everyday-how far do you usually cycle everyday?

Well before lockdown I commuted 13 miles each way, 5 days then occasional utility trips on the weekend. Rest days are only required for intense training plans.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm on the bike most days for anything up to 10 miles.

Twice a week I try to have a 20 to 50 mile ride.

That feels comfortable to me.

I'd encourage @Anonymous1502 to listen to his body and adjust so that he feels pleasantly tired once or twice a week.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

I had been cycling 15-20 miles every day pretty much since March

I‘m now on enforced rest following a bike crash :B), I can barely walk let alone cycle :rolleyes:
To be fair I was probably due a break :wacko:
That's no good! Do you think you'll be back on your bike eventually?

vickster

Legendary Member
That's no good! Do you think you'll be back on your bike eventually?
Yep for sure, just a matter of when (waiting on MRI to find out exactly what I’ve done :rolleyes:).
I’ve got 4 bikes to ride 👍

Drago

Legendary Member
I try and have a rest day on a Sunday from any exercise - no weights, no cycling. Sometimes I will lapse and ride on a Sunday, but as a pretty good rule of thumb I try to have a days rest a week to allow my joints and connective tissues to recuperate.

tyred

Legendary Member
At the moment I cycle pretty much every day as all my other activities have stopped due to the virus.

Generally 15 miles + and I usually only take a rest day if I'm planning a much longer ride in the next day or two or have done a much longer ride in the previous day.

I'm doing somewhere between 100 to 200 miles in an average week but I'm not racing anyone and just ride at my own pace.

BigMeatball

Do you cycle everyday or do you have rest days in-between? If you do cycle everyday-how far do you usually cycle everyday?

I cycle as often as it says on my training programme. Some weeks I cycle 2 days a week, some others I cycle 3 days a week. No more than that.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Total.

Why don't you tell people on here what you do.
I try and have a rest day in between every ride but often don't bother with rest days and cycle at least 50km everyday, yesterday I did 60km, Im trying to build my distance up gradually to cycle 100km a day.

Top Bottom