Do you cycle everyday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
At 19, once you're adapted and accustomed to it, I can't see a problem with you riding daily.

I'm in my 50's and over the years have broken my pelvis, right ankle, right tibia, collarbone, right elbow, all my ribs, sternum and foot, not to mention badly hyper-extending one leg a few years ago and over-rotaing a shoulder, so I find a day off beneficial. If you're young, healthy, and not doing interstellar mileage each day you should be fine - indeed, you may even find that if you really get into cycling that a day off leaves you feeling restless and tetchy.

Good luck.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

At 19, once you're adapted and accustomed to it, I can't see a problem with you riding daily.

I'm in my 50's and over the years have broken my pelvis, right ankle, right tibia, collarbone, right elbow, all my ribs, sternum and foot, not to mention badly hyper-extending one leg a few years ago and over-rotaing a shoulder, so I find a day off beneficial. If you're young, healthy, and not doing interstellar mileage each day you should be fine - indeed, you may even find that if you really get into cycling that a day off leaves you feeling restless and tetchy.

Good luck.
Thank you! How do you have so many injuries?

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1502

Ah, you had to ask!

Very bad bicycle smash during my youth. Don't let it put you off - I was being stupid.

Knocked over by a large dog running flat out.

Assaulted by a scumbag when I was a copper.

Assaulted by the ex wife.

Rugby.
By the way, what do you count as 'interstellar mileage'?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Normal routine is commute 10 miles each way in the week and then a club ride on sunday 6-70 miles.
On holiday last 2 weeks so i have been doing 3-4 25-30mile rides then the club ride .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Joe! You've just shattered the image of you I had in my mind!

How about a pedelec? I was never particularly in favour of them, but not especially against them either, but Mrs D bought me one and I'm really enjoying it. And the pedelec too.

She's 19, stop it - No electrics for youngsters :wacko:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

To me, bearing in mind I'm an old duffer, say 100km or more a day, every day. If you're starting to do daily hardcore distances then you might want a rest day, just as most professional athletes do. However, the mileage that becomes "interstellar" for you may be different to my own.
[/QUOTE]
just done 3 straight of around 30 miles and tbh i was a little achy this morning but i was doing squats with dumbells last night ......

fossyant

Used to commute 26 miles a day 5 days a week, but a broken spine (on the way to work stopped that). Managed to climb back on my MTB when no-one was looking 4 months after a bad fracture of my spine and managed about 10 miles along the canal (had to be careful how far I went just so I could get back) as I'd also had to do that with walking again - no point walking to the end of the road if I couldn't walk back.

Now cycle 3-5 days a week on average. Mainly off road now, so big burly MTB. - Yes the injuries didn't keep me off. Had plenty of injuries from cycling - mainly car drivers, but also crashes. Injuries now tend to be minor stuff when I fall off the MTB in silly accidens when It decides it want's to stop and eject me.

vickster

Legendary Member
good luck @vickster I’ve got a fractured fibula which was only picked up on mri. Still managing 30 mile plus rides while waiting for surgery! 😁👍
Ouch, stress fracture?
No riding for me, my whole lower leg is very bruised, swollen and hurts like...
I am perusing flat bar bikes as maybe I need a bike with fatter tyres when I start riding again. I’m hoping worst case scenario is only a couple of months even if do need an op :ph34r:

Or I could just get fatter tyres for an existing bike...but where's the fun in that :laugh:

Last edited:

fossyant

Ouch, stress fracture?
No riding for me, my whole lower leg is very bruised, swollen and hurts like...
I am perusing flat bar bikes as maybe I need a bike with fatter tyres when I start riding again. I’m hoping worst case scenario is only a couple of months even if do need an op :ph34r:

Or I could just get fatter tyres for an existing bike...but where's the fun in that :laugh:

Full suspension trail bike - go big, or go home. Go for Gnarr ! :tongue:

Top Bottom