Do you cycle everyday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

Talking about cycling, and some saying about training programme, can anyone help me how to create a cycling program.
Would be appreciated.

vickster

Legendary Member
Talking about cycling, and some saying about training programme, can anyone help me how to create a cycling program.
Would be appreciated.
You could start a thread in the training forum with your needs :okay:
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/training.36/

What do you count as an intense ride that requires a rest day(s)?
Some training regimes, where the focus is on sustained but efficient gains in performance will recommend no more than two consecutive days of high intensity training rides in sucession with a rest days between and at least twice a week, rest days can still include riding, but nothing intense. British cycling have examples of such plans if you are interested. Intense means sustained high heart rate, or certain percentage of power output relative to your current ability. Of course, if you dont really care for structured training or time is on your side, just ride as much and as often as you like, making small increases In effort and you will get there eventually regardless. Personally I dont care much for structured training, as goals end up feeling self serving. All my riding is just to get me where I need to be, riding any more sadly seems pointless to me these days.

Sharky

Guru
There have been phases when I've cycled everyday, but after a while you just get tired and performance drops. Find it better to have fewer days of higher intensity and certainly the day before a race, take it very easy.

An old tradition used to be training (chain gang) on Tuesday and Thursday nights, then a long club run on the Sunday or in the summer a race.

Last edited:

Ste T.

Guru
Daily 10 miles each way commute from the sticks into my nearest city. Just far enough for me, I wouldn't like to do much more as I do a physical job when I get there and it's slowly taking its toll on me.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I just use my bike as transport. Shopping, panniers or trailer depending, allotment, trailer, work, panniers. No training regime ever. I sometimes ride 40 odd miles just for a day out or just commute to work 3 miles every day. Going to ride to Kent from Oxfordshire to see family soon just cause I can. Long day in saddle and quiet routes. Never really understood the training regime, lycra clad charging about. Just normal clothes get on and ride. Horses for courses I guess.

pjd57

Veteran
I use my bike most days .
If I need to go anywhere it's my preferred mode of transport.
Sometimes I go out for a run just for the pleasure of it.
In a normal year , when I am at home there's very few non cycling days.
On holiday I might hire a bike for a day , but usually it's a week off.

Top Bottom