Do you cycle everyday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I try and have a rest day in between every ride but often don't bother with rest days and cycle at least 50km everyday, yesterday I did 60km, Im trying to build my distance up gradually to cycle 100km a day.
How old are you? What's your general heath and fitness like?

All uphill

Still rolling along
I had been cycling 15-20 miles every day pretty much since March

I‘m now on enforced rest following a bike crash :B), I can barely walk let alone cycle :rolleyes:
To be fair I was probably due a break :wacko:
I'm sorry to hear that @vickster best wishes.

BigMeatball

If I need to go anywhere I'm on the Bike/Trike, I don't own any other vehicles and I hate Busses. :cycle:

You never do trips out of town in places where it would be too far to cycle?

How did you manage to create this lifestyle which is bike or nothing?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady

I haven't achieved that yet, although i have honestly only filled my car up with petrol 3 times since early February and i still have 3/4's of a tank from the 3rd time. I would love for me and the family just to be able to do what is necessary without a car however fairy tale that sounds in our fast paced world.

Maybe one day...

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I've been like it since 1985, I do take the bike on Trains sometimes and prior to my accident (non bike related) I was happy to cycle 100 miles without batting an eyelid. I also own a trailer which will carry 50kg and multiple bikes each built for a different purpose from utility use to out and out speed/fun.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I cycle as often as i can. Even if its a short distance. A few mile on a bike has far greater benefits than sitting on ass all day, which is essentially what my job entails. Although, my work has dried up so much thanks to the virus id probably be better off on unemployment benefits....

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I haven't cycled since March and probably never will again.
Why?
I don't cycle every day but try to do it 2 or 3 times a week. My old legs need time to recover between each ride. I found out that I am stronger on the bike if I leave time between two rides.

Drago

Legendary Member
Joe! You've just shattered the image of you I had in my mind!

How about a pedelec? I was never particularly in favour of them, but not especially against them either, but Mrs D bought me one and I'm really enjoying it. And the pedelec too.

Top Bottom