Do you cycle everyday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
19. Small petite female, used to walking a lot. Started cycling about a month ago.
At your age cycling everyday should be easy peasy but I'm comparing to a 30 mile daily round trip commute. Once it becomes a habit, it just becomes second nature. I don't think about alternatives unless the weather is really bad ( high winds ). I treat my commute as a workout, its my gym ! had to give up football, running not an option now, so cycling is my main exercise. Oh and its good for your mental well being albeit I need to stop giving some drivers the one finger salute :whistle: .

With working from home and the lockdown, I've got used to the turbore, lack of social riding and following a plan which has rest days built in. As a result I tend to only cycle out doors just now if the weather is good and I've lost my motivation for long solo rides, which would have seen me cycle nearly every day in the past.

presta

Guru
None at all these days, but when I was, in 2009 I did 6011m in 172 rides, so about every other day. There was another 996m of walking on top of that, so there were only 10 days in total when I did nowt.

2010: 4433m in 174
2011: 4560m in 227

They were my last three years, and my average mileage per ride went down from 35m to 25m to 20m.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Sometimes I ride every other day, 4 days in a row, sometimes a break of 2 days. If I don't ride on the third day then I get extra antsy.

I think on average I ride every other day but it's quite ad hoc.

vickster

Legendary Member
Dodgy Garmin on a turbo thinking he’s actually moved somewhere?

Top Bottom